Author Topic: Into the Way Back Machine - Old music video (and a bit of a history lesson)  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Into the Way Back Machine - Old music video (and a bit of a history lesson)
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »
I was plenty old enough, but didn't even hear my first recording by them until the mid '70's. Somehow I ended up with a copy of Paranoid.
The stations I listened to were still the holdovers from the newer, free-form FM stations that emerged in the '60's, and I think that they considered much of this type of music, "bad vibe music"
They may have had a point "Black Sabbath" certainly doesn't conjure up visions of peace. love, and understanding, the message of "War Pigs" notwithstanding.

Frankly, I always dismissed this genre as juvenile, (and though I can get with rock at at it's most basic), rather unsophisticated musically.
The fact that Paranoid itself was reportedly written in less than a half hour as filler for the album may bear this out.
That said, I have been known to spin this disc with the amps set at relatively high volumes  ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Into the Way Back Machine - Old music video (and a bit of a history lesson)
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
I felt that way to Andy, they were blues based pentatonic rock, but no swing to it, super white if you will. And I was past my brooding teenager years by then...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't