Author Topic: anyone using the shurloc econ panels?  (Read 3281 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: anyone using the shurloc econ panels?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:32:09 AM »
You did see the other thread with popping mesh... they suspect chemicals too.

Makes sense unless you just got super unlucky with a manufacturing flaw.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/leL19Ka0ib8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here is what we are doing with the econmesh...

sam

Offline shurloc

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »
Hey Gerry, I had the bosses take a look the photo you posted and we all think that the frame may have taken a hit right at the mesh line.

It probably started out as a micro pin-hole, but as the frame dried, it pulled a bit more and eventually popped. Are you taping your frames? Using something like the Newman Yellow tape, Polyken tape or even our fabric protectors can help with edge breakage like this. We'd love to get this worked out for you though...

Kick me an email at ron@shurloc.com or give us a call and see if we can get this figured out for you and maybe get a new fabric on there for you.
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 02:22:55 PM »
that looks like camera glare.  it's right in line with the flash on the upper part of the frame.  you have the same effect up top as well.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 08:27:09 PM »
it's about the shape of the tear rather than the flash. If you run your finger across that area, see if there is a nick.
We ripped a bunch of frames in similar fashion. As you learn how to handle them it will get better. We still break them every now and then, but we reduced the breakage by 75%+ by being more careful.

We also stretch three sides and let it sit for a while and then tension the last one. It seems to help. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 10:27:41 PM »
I dont feel any nick or burr on it. I dont know I may have to revisit the frame issue this winter when it slows down. I dont have the time to experiment at the moment. I do feel either the EZ frame or the Newman will be integrated in the shop but I just dont have the time nor space to devote to either system at the moment.

I did not want my post to seem like a bash on Shurloc, it may have been something I did or the chemicals but either way Im not ready for either system.

Offline shurloc

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 06:21:07 PM »
Sounds great Gerry, and remember, we'd love to get a replacement on there for you whenever you have time. I'll hope that the winter doesn't slow down for you, but if it does, come see us at Long Beach for the ISS Show next January... We don't have booth info yet, but when we do we will post it.
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 06:23:01 PM »
Sounds good. I am planning on ISS in Janurary unless we make the move to a bigger shop and then we might not. Either way I will figure how to get this frame back to you to inspect it.