Author Topic: curing question  (Read 2749 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Re: curing question
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 07:30:11 PM »
you know that no instructions came with the kit soooooo yes it was volume. My wife said we could sell the shirts with a fish design on them and it would be just like you caught the fish lmao. Hey it is trial and error so the first run was ERROR. I want give up

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 09:54:23 PM »
you know that no instructions came with the kit soooooo yes it was volume. My wife said we could sell the shirts with a fish design on them and it would be just like you caught the fish lmao. Hey it is trial and error so the first run was ERROR. I want give up

Okay, fair enough.  Try it again but get a cheap gram scale from like Bed Bath and Beyond (I got mine for about $25). 

Here's what I do.  I weigh an empty container.  Then zero the scale with the container.  Put what I plan to use in the container and put on the scale.  Target something easy for numbers like 100 grams.  If too much, cut to 50.  Then add 6 grams (3 if 50 grams of ink) of activator, mix and print.  Let us know how it turns out. 

Don't have much to add on the smell.  I suspect your brand has formaldehyde in it.  Union does not have an offensive odor.   
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 11:00:22 PM »
Gram scale is a definite necessity. When I run discharge thru my ranar 8ft dryer I had the temp set to 600 and belt speed to20 and ran thru twice. So bump temps down a couple hundred degrees and slow belt down by about half what you normally cure plastisol with. It is a slow go for sure