Author Topic: Forced air printing on hats? What the....  (Read 780 times)

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Forced air printing on hats? What the....
« on: February 24, 2012, 01:03:25 PM »
I gotta see a video of this and pics of samples.  This sounds like a research project not a production machine?  I can't imagine how it worked...at all.

This is a 2 color cap printer.

This is a 2 color production printer that prints caps at a touch of a button.

just load the cap slide it under the screen and push the button .

The press shoots a small amount of air into the inkwell and forces ink through the screen for a perfect print every time. takes less than 40 pounds of air.

Press is in perfect working order. Sold new for 3, 500.00!

Missing one small plastic knob on top right side....easy to fix and dose not effect press in any way.
may also be missing one small rubber foot on bottom ....again no big deal.press is easy to set up and prints perfect.

The ink wells Cost $100 each......... press comes with 9 inkwells and 9 screens

The inkwells alone are worth more than what I am asking for the press!

screens need to be reclaimed or have new mesh put on them but this is easy ......they are just small thin metal frames..... like the screens made f for the caps printers.

this was the best production cap printer ever made period!  A real joy to use..

The ink stays sealed in the inkwells and your hands never touch the ink. So caps always stay clean.

You can also print other things with it....any thing that will fit on the platen and lay flat.

listed as pickup only but I can put it on a pallet and ship it .....you pay total shipping fees.

shipping weight is 125lbs,,,,,,ask any questions before you buy.

Used press so sold as is and no refunds....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-color-air-operated-cap-printer-/280832186325?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4162e717d5#ht_514wt_1396

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Forced air printing on hats? What the....
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »
I've used one. At my old company, they bought one just before I left to start this place. Curved ink wells that a flat flexible screen mounts into, forming to the curve. After the frame is mounted, we had to block out, seal all edges to avoid leaks. Then, a plexiglass top with a gasket and air valve is locked down to the top. It works, but it's a steep learning curve to get everything right. I'd rather make transfers...

Steve
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:36:10 PM by Sbrem »
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Forced air printing on hats? What the....
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »
I had an idea a few years back for an air blade to replace squeegee rubber.  I can't remember why, but when I started to actually flesh it out there were some serious deal breakers.  I came to the conclusion that yes, the whole screen assembly would need to be enclosed and pressurized and it sounded way too messy and more work than squeegee rubber as the blade.  I do still wonder if you couldn't perfect it to work on a traditional press though.