Poll

What Pallet System would you like to have?

MHM e-type
1 (50%)
next press (post videos of your press)
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: AUTO WARS 4 - Pallets - Videos only  (Read 4604 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
AUTO WARS 4 - Pallets - Videos only
« on: February 24, 2012, 04:09:26 AM »
Hey guys,

So this is the fourth AUTO WARS post. This one is all about your Pallets. What do they look like, how do they go on the press and how do you adjust them. Let us know what you like about them. If you have an auto press show us your Pallets, make a video its not hard and only takes a few minutes. Thanks for everyone that is making the videos. I think we are all learning a lot.

Feel free to comment on the videos and ask questions.

Thanks,

Jon

UPDATE

These are the AUTO WARS so far

AUTO WARS 1 - Micro Registration
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,2830.0.html

AUTO WARS 2 - Screen Holders
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,2868.0.html

AUTO WARS 3 - Squeegees & Flood Bars
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,2914.0.html

AUTO WARS 4 - Pallets
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,3018.0.html

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:18:10 AM by Screened Gear »

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: AUTO WARS 3 - Pallets - Videos only
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 04:12:00 AM »
Hey guys sorry this video took so long I was swamped. Hope you like it.

MHM e type pallets
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:27:19 AM by Screened Gear »

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: AUTO WARS 4 - Pallets - Videos only
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 07:23:43 AM »
Nice!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:24:28 PM »
Nice!

Tony,

I think the auto locking pallets is the one thing on this press that I could not live without. There is 12 boards and if I had 4 lock downs levers to move to unlock like most presses that would be 48 levers. I can't imagine the guys running a 14 color with 16 boards to adjust. I like to adjust the boards on every order so that I use the same lines on the baords to pull the shirts to. This saves me alot of mistakes from pulling the shirts to the wrong lines. If I had any other press I wouldn't do it this way. Not that you can't but I am lazy and locking and unlocking that many boards manually sounds like too much work.

Jon

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 11:38:10 AM »
That's F'ing slick Jon!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 12:09:46 PM »
Wow thats the best platten system I have ever seen! New presse's should adopt that idea for manuals. Beats the RJennings lever system (although very nice as well)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 03:31:49 PM »
That's F'ing slick Jon!

I didn't think very much of this feature until I started using the press. I came from a 6/6 workhorse manual. I have Calluses from turning the knobs on the workhorse even though I only use it for small jobs. I don't think I could buy another press after using the MHMs pallet system. They put a lot of engineering in this press and I am still finding things on it that saves time. I am sure this sounds really bias since this is the only auto press I have owned. I would love to hear someone’s opinion that has worked on a MHM and another press.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »
I've run a few from Precision Ovals, to Advance whatever they were called, Maatex from Italy, M&R and MHM, and there is nothing I've seen yet for ease of pallet change that compares to the MHM. Key phrase, "nothing I've seen yet...". Change 12 pallets in maybe 3 minutes tops, a bit of alright.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »
Finally did a vid today, sorry for the late arrival, I've been down a guy, and had some major funk that took over my body last week that I have finally gotten rid of.

Our pallet system is definitely more manually involved than the MHM but it's so easy and quick that I wouldn't pass on ours for another unless we changed pallets 10+ times a day.  I guess I don't put as much into that feature because of our rare pallet changeovers or movement.  If we needed a tool like a wrench or socket like we did on our old press then pallet changeover would be an issue but the system the RPM has is on par or better than any except the MHM.  We rarely have to move our pallets and that could be done in one revolution of the press with a 2-3 second dwell time, which puts it at under a minute to move them up or back.  When changing the pallets I put the press in auto mode with a 1-2 second dwell time and take them off, then with the press still in auto mode, second revolution, I put the new set back on with the same dwell time and on the third revolution I line them up where they need to be and lock them down, so 3 revolutions of the press in auto mode at 2-3 seconds dwell time average is around 2.5-3 minutes I think for a complete pallet changeover.  If I really busted my ass I could get the pallets off with 0 second dwell which is about 40 seconds for a complete revolution but putting them on I would need at least one second dwell.  I'm thinking if this was a race to do a pallet changeover I could do it in 2 minutes or so.  In the beginning of the video before the camera fell I was at a zero dwell time auto which puts the press at almost 1100 shirts an hour if we were printing, and I was putting the pallets on the floor which I would have a rolling cart right next to me if I were trying to break a record or something.

RPM Revolution Pallet System
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 06:16:56 PM »
Alan,

You look really fast taking the pallets off. Those lock downs release really easy.

You are right the MHM doesn't have that much room to adjust like your press. The e-type has about 5 and a half inches of travel. I use the FPU on all my jobs so I really could get away with almost nothing (same as you I am sure).

Your boards are not that long. How long are they? Mine are 31.5 long. I would say smaller pallets are an advantage. It takes a little more work to get a shirt stretched out all the way on the MHM pallets. It took me a while to learn how to do it and be fast. I can now do 400 shirts loading and unloading the press. I can't see doing any faster.

Thank you,

Jon

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 09:22:02 PM »
Our pallets are 16X22.  31.5 is really long, I'm surprised at that length but I guess there is a purpose for it even if the press will only print 22".  Does the length help in loading straighter maybe?  I've also wondered how I would like the tapered MHM pallet since I use the pallet edge as my guide but I could always draw a semi permanent line directly on the rubber like I do my center lines.

I'm right around 400 an hour running by myself as well, 6-7 shirts a minute without looking like a spaz.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Croft

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »
I really think that the weakest point on my M&R is the pallet attachment, I hate those yellow levers . Pants are a pain on the leg platens because they basically act like barbs , either caching the material or draw string.
 I remember the MHM I used had pallets you had to bolt on that was a pain but worked well with no obstructions under the board.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 05:41:06 PM »
I remember the MHM I used had pallets you had to bolt on that was a pain but worked well with no obstructions under the board.

How old is was that MHM. It’s funny how all the old presses you had to use tools to adjust things. I can't imagine having to run to the hardware store because someone lost a few bolts.

Offline Croft

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 08:48:24 PM »
I think it was a SA probably 20+ years old , sorry it was nuts there were 2 studs on the bottom of the pallet that needed nuts. I hated that thing. Just before I left that company to
start my own I received a DVD brochure for a Sportsman. Guess what i bought and thought i had gone to heaven because it worked so well. I must say learning on that MHM was a real chore but
probably made me a better printer.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 09:19:30 AM »
I really think that the weakest point on my M&R is the pallet attachment, I hate those yellow levers . Pants are a pain on the leg platens because they basically act like barbs , either caching the material or draw string.

Have you tried adjusting those to when they are tight and locked down they are tucked right next to the pallet extrusion?