Author Topic: M&R Tri Loc  (Read 1496 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

M&R Tri Loc
« on: February 24, 2012, 04:32:57 PM »
I primarily use 23x31 Newman m3's but we just got a bunch of 23x31's mzx's for a good price. We currently have a modified version of vastex's pre registration system for our tuff freedom to where it is carrier-sheetless. Well, because of the difference in where the bolts are between the m3's and mzx's, our pre reg system won't accommodate for both. So if I wanted, for instance, to use some m3's and mzx's on the same multi color job and do a pre reg setup wih them on the vastex prs, not possible (or even use just the mzx's by themselves because the stops won't bump the mzx screens correctly period). So my question is does m&r's tri loc system accommodate for using both mzx and m3 frames on the same multi color job and/or using either screen type at all?  Or does it have to be ordered for just m3's or just mzx's?

Thanks.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: M&R Tri Loc
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
We have customers that actually mix static and Newmans in the same job and it works so this should work also. We do not make them different for different types of screens.
Rich Hoffman

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 07:05:26 PM »
Yes it does.
You can mix any style of the same size frames.
The Tri-Loc is a 3 point stop system that uses the outside edges of the frame to locate for alignment.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 07:39:01 PM »
With careful setup you could mix M3, MZX, static aluminum, wood and a Hix retensionable if you wanted.

Although, I would be worried about your screen inventory.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 07:39:29 PM »
Been mixing and matching for YEARS on the same job with excellent results.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"