Author Topic: I think my 3000 bit the dust.  (Read 2750 times)

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
Re: I think my 3000 bit the dust.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »

Offline inkbrigade

I think my 3000 bit the dust.
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 09:14:53 PM »
They all need a rip if your doing halftones.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 11:14:02 PM »
4000, 7600, 4800, 7800 or if you can find a good deal, a 4880.

They are all worth the weight in gold for the auto cutting feature alone.

And don't cheap out, get a good RIP and you can set it and forget it. Toss in roll media, set up your seps, hit print and go be productive while the films print and cut.

Accurip rocks btw.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline inkbrigade

I think my 3000 bit the dust.
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 01:41:43 AM »
Another vote for accurip here.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Croft

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 11:49:54 AM »
ACCURIP  for sure , with the feature of ganging outputs on one sheet you will save film.  I'm using a epson 1400 and love it but if it gives me problems it will be replaced with new one because the cost really isn't worth the hassle of repair.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 12:03:10 PM »
Film Maker here. It takes a little more to set up and there is another click or two to get the film out, but it has 100 times the options! The dot quality is better too. And I think it is $100 less than AR.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 01:33:11 PM »
Blue Moon is sending me his 3000.  He is saving me some dough and saving me on shipping time since he is closer than the other option of getting another one from the inkjet doctor.

Thanks Blue Moon.

Make sure you PM me your address.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 03:29:05 PM »
Blue Moon is sending me his 3000.  He is saving me some dough and saving me on shipping time since he is closer than the other option of getting another one from the inkjet doctor.

Thanks Blue Moon.

Make sure you PM me your address.

all boxed up and ready to go. Shipping today!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!