Author Topic: Show Your Shop Video! Parts 1 & 2 (and Three later)!!  (Read 20509 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Show Your Shop Video! Parts 1 & 2 (and Three later)!!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 07:20:17 AM »
Nice stuff, I wish I had done videos like that of us moving out of our 2,000 ft^2 to over 11,000 ft^2

nice looking setup good luck on the new space

Over 11,000 square feet? What presses do you have that you need that much space. Don't think I ever want to be that big.
Not that I miss it but I have run some shops with multiple belt printers, ovals, challengers, a finishing dept, etc well over 80K sq ft.

Tony now your just trying to show off. 80K square what is that a FootBall Field.
Believe me at that point you're really more of a High School Principal than a Screen Printer!

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 11:11:16 AM »
Nice shops guys i will have to do mine so you all can get a good laugh at the size of mine.   mine just takes up half of my garage.   
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 12:13:12 PM »
This is a great idea. I will do a video when I get some time. Keep the videos coming guys I already learned something from INK, use chef jacket for washing out screens. All this time I was using an apron. I am getting one in this next week to try.

Offline inkbrigade

Show Your Shop Video! Parts 1 & 2 (and Three later)!!
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 01:07:47 PM »
Nice shops guys i will have to do mine so you all can get a good laugh at the size of mine.   mine just takes up half of my garage.   

Dont say that. We were in a 700sq foot basement just 2 years ago and have already outgrown our 2500sqft shop. You'd be surprised how fast you will grow. So a video documenting it will be fun to watch!
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 05:01:30 PM »
Ok, here's our newest tour of the screen printing department.  I've got to upload the one I did for embroidery so maybe I'll have it up by tonight.

SRI Monogramming Screen Printing Department Tour
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 05:17:31 PM »

Dont say that. We were in a 700sq foot basement just 2 years ago and have already outgrown our 2500sqft shop. You'd be surprised how fast you will grow. So a video documenting it will be fun to watch!

That's awesome. Care to share how you managed to grow that much in 2 years. I'm definitely doing something wrong.

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 05:34:16 PM »
I am closing in on filling up my 8k shop, course half my warehouse has cars in it, but still I am using up a good bit of my 8ksqft with my equipment.  I thought it would never be too small. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline inkbrigade

Show Your Shop Video! Parts 1 & 2 (and Three later)!!
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 05:43:04 PM »
Alan your commentary was cracking me up... Dammit it Carlos!!!
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 06:03:45 PM »

After moving back home, mine takes up my whole garage, but I'm not posting a video of it . . .  somebody would call a hazmat team or "Hoarders" . . .
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 06:13:40 PM »
Alan your commentary was cracking me up... Dammit it Carlos!!!

Thanks, and I had to edit out the first 2 minutes of the video showing the offices because of some questionable behavior (it was funny to me) on my part about another (lazy) coworker.  I thought if I had to ask myself if it was ok, then it probably wasn't ok so I got rid of it.  He'd probably never see the video but you never know, and he knows my feelings but it's best to not have it out to the whole world I guess.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Online GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 06:24:48 PM »
I want to see the Embroidery area. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 06:34:16 PM »

That's awesome. Care to share how you managed to grow that much in 2 years. I'm definitely doing something wrong.

I don't know about anybody else, but for me it's because I keep finding bargain equipment on Ebay, Digitsmith, Craigslist and the local buy/sell rags.  ;D

14' Hix dryer for $200
Hix heat press for $75
2pcs 36 x 48 drying racks for flat stock, $100/ea and one seller gave me an old Challenge Machine Comapany 24" 1 arm guillotine for free.
Used  12/14 Falcon E for a good price. with 2 oversize flashes (should be here in 12 days)
4 head Barudan for $5000
48 x 60" vacuum frame for $200, traded for a pad-print job.
6/4 manual for $800

That and having competition with surly counter staff, others that charge too much or drop outrageous shipping charges on the customer at pick-up. Also being able to supply graphic and garment screenprinting, pad printing, sign making and embroidery as well as awards and recognition products in one stop shopping.

In 5 years we've gone from a corner in a friends shop, to 1/2 of a 1000sq/ft bay, to the full bay and just recently to 3000sq/ft with detached 400sq/ft storage at thee turn-off to the local sports fields. Sorry no video yet, maybe next week, we're still doing renovations from the move.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 09:58:03 PM »
Well Sh!T, now I'm going to have to do one. But after seeing Alan's "big enough to lose your virginity in and no one noticed" Shop, I feel somewhat unworthy. And did I mention how nice and neat his shop is....BASTID!!!! 

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 10:45:17 PM »
Well Sh!T, now I'm going to have to do one. But after seeing Alan's "big enough to lose your virginity in and no one noticed" Shop, I feel somewhat unworthy. And did I mention how nice and neat his shop is....BASTID!!!! 

I was very lucky in that we got a clean slate to do whatever we wanted with the layout.  I would have done a few things different knowing what I know now but overall it's been fantastic.  The shop portion is about 5500 sq/ft and there is plenty of room to drop another big auto in there and still not be cramped and have a solid flow.  I've always felt like keeping it clean is way easier than letting it get dirty then spending a bunch of time trying to clean it up.  That one corner of the shop that the golf cart and compressor was in has always been a mess and that's were most of the family's personal junk ends up, but the other areas have remained clean and open.  If I could get rid of the Vastex manual and the golf cart that would free up that corner for something, but I don't know what to do with it.

My short term goal for the screen printing department is to go DTS, then put a drop ceiling in with AC and then it will be my dream setup, along with another auto, perhaps a CH III. 

I love looking at videos of other shops, regardless of size or cleanliness because I haven't been in that many shops. 

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 12:44:38 AM »

I love looking at videos of other shops, regardless of size or cleanliness because I haven't been in that many shops.

Well Alan, here is my shop. Truly it is not usually this trashed out, but I am pretty much a one man show with the exception of my part time crew that comes in time to time. I do have a lady that helps me pretty regular now days. A couple of corrections to note here. The alarm was installed on November 27, 1922 not 1929. I found a test date inscribed inside an old switch inside the alarm. The guy who wrote the book is still living in San Fran Cisco. He grew up in Waynoka, graduated from West Point, got his masters at Cal Berkley and had stellar Military career. His is like 92 now and Homer was his Dad. I correspond with him form time to time. He also told some guy shot him self up there back in the twenties. I could go on and on about the history but... here is my shop.

My Shop