Author Topic: Show Your Shop Video! Parts 1 & 2 (and Three later)!!  (Read 20917 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Show Your Shop Video! Parts 1 & 2 (and Three later)!!
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »
I have to clean my shop a couple times a week. When you only have 800 sq ft you can't afford to be messy. In my video I didn't show the bathroom that double as storage of new emulsion and ink gallons.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 09:37:08 PM »

I love looking at videos of other shops, regardless of size or cleanliness because I haven't been in that many shops.

Well Alan, here is my shop. Truly it is not usually this trashed out, but I am pretty much a one man show with the exception of my part time crew that comes in time to time. I do have a lady that helps me pretty regular now days. A couple of corrections to note here. The alarm was installed on November 27, 1922 not 1929. I found a test date inscribed inside an old switch inside the alarm. The guy who wrote the book is still living in San Fran Cisco. He grew up in Waynoka, graduated from West Point, got his masters at Cal Berkley and had stellar Military career. His is like 92 now and Homer was his Dad. I correspond with him form time to time. He also told some guy shot him self up there back in the twenties. I could go on and on about the history but... here is my shop.

My Shop

Love it but I think Shaun has you beat on the stairs he has like 60 steps to his shop
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »

I love looking at videos of other shops, regardless of size or cleanliness because I haven't been in that many shops.

Well Alan, here is my shop. Truly it is not usually this trashed out, but I am pretty much a one man show with the exception of my part time crew that comes in time to time. I do have a lady that helps me pretty regular now days. A couple of corrections to note here. The alarm was installed on November 27, 1922 not 1929. I found a test date inscribed inside an old switch inside the alarm. The guy who wrote the book is still living in San Fran Cisco. He grew up in Waynoka, graduated from West Point, got his masters at Cal Berkley and had stellar Military career. His is like 92 now and Homer was his Dad. I correspond with him form time to time. He also told some guy shot him self up there back in the twenties. I could go on and on about the history but... here is my shop.

My Shop

Love it but I think Shaun has you beat on the stairs he has like 60 steps to his shop

Shoot I use to be on the 4th floor but it still sucks. Im actualy looking to move this spring. I need a first floor spot with a loading dock and in a better area... only good decisions from here on out lol.

Speaking of ghosts the 4th floor was a photograghy studio and the guy that work and lived up there died up there , I use to catch a shadow figure moving from the corner of my eye once in awhile (before I knew of him) but that stopped once I moved to the 3rd floor. It was a beautiful space nothing like the rest of this buidling and huge too , it's a shame moving out of that spot but those extra stairs sucked big time. Now theres a gym/ karate dojo space up there right above my current spot and they shake dust down from the ceiling and all over the place. One of the many many reasons why I'm moving out.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:38:55 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2012, 01:39:26 PM »
I took a nice video of ours.....its like 4gb...  LOL.  I will have to reshoot it in a lower res.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2012, 02:02:56 PM »
Brandt, you could always just render it down if you have any sort of video software... hell, MS has a basic "movie maker" or something that should allow you to reencode.  Or use a guide on youtube or teh interwebs that show you how to use virtuadub or something.  Xvid4psp would do the trick I think... I played around with it for the baby and the psp but never really got into it.  Found out my psp is the original with no video out (then found out the baby's car dvd player doesn't even have a video in anyway!)  I think we got a new one that has lots of bells and whistles, assuming the wife bought it.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2012, 02:04:48 PM »
...Here is part one, bear in mind it was really late and i get a little punchy when i work too long...

Old Shop TOUR!!.

What this the prequel to Cloverfield?  Holy sh!t... I watched this full screen on my 24" monitor about 2' away from the screen.... about 5mins in I was nauseous!  LOL

Great vid though... I remember checking out that franken-boomerang vid a while back and thinking how slick it was!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2012, 08:13:47 AM »
Here is our video, had to re-shoot it with the iPhone for size.

Graphic Disorder quick shop tour.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2012, 08:42:16 AM »

wow you have a ton of space thanks for sharing love the truck graphics
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »

wow you have a ton of space thanks for sharing love the truck graphics

Thanks!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2012, 03:51:46 PM »
Nice looking big shops! Where are the little shops at? I'm the only one that did one so far. I know more people are running similar sized shops as me.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2012, 07:08:50 PM »
Alan, you have a wonderful shop. Love it. Wish I had half that. :)  Congrats.  What is that 5000 sq ft.?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2012, 07:21:10 PM »
Donnie, what a story. I bet you got a lot more than that to tell about that old building and town. Great stuff. I love the (behind the scenes).

Thanks
Dan

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2012, 08:40:04 PM »
Brandt - what is the deal with those metal name plates on the hats? that looked BA. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2012, 09:03:12 PM »
Brandt - what is the deal with those metal name plates on the hats? that looked BA. . .

Here is what one looks like.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=322262071148164&set=a.217679418273097.51666.138282122879494&type=1

More on that page if you want to see more. 

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »
Alan, you have a wonderful shop. Love it. Wish I had half that. :)  Congrats.  What is that 5000 sq ft.?

Your are right on the nose Dan.  The entire building is about 7500 and I figured right around 2500 in the offices, bathrooms and engraving department room. I didn't do a video of the engraving room, but it's not much.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.