Author Topic: Theft by a friend of a friend... what to do?  (Read 8013 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Theft by a friend of a friend... what to do?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 03:58:40 PM »
Three things

you friend is not your friend when he takes advantage of you

you friend violated your truse and very possibly gave a total stranger complete access to your life, idenity, everything personal and potentially exposed your family to an unhealthy life changing health condition.

CHANGE YOUR LOCKS, REPORT YOUR CREDIT CARDS COMPROIMISED AND GET NEW #,S AGAINST YOU CURRENT ACCOUNT BUT AT LEAST FREEZE YOUR ACCOUNTS

Listen to your wife she is the only one thinking with a clear head and common sense.....the friend is GONE period.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »
So sorry to hear, it sucks to be betrayed by a friend. One, as you have already done, he's gone, no ifs, ands or buts. Reminds me of the saying "Familiarity breeds contempt". You can forgive him, which is good for your soul, and forget about harboring bad feelings about it, but historically, it happened, and you can't change that. Sorry to hear, and like Frog said, keep them guns locked up tight if you're not around.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 05:00:23 PM »
What happens if that gun kills someone and it gets traced back to you?  :-\

It's not so much a matter of getting it traced back and getting in trouble. For myself, it would be the guilt of living with the knowledge that I'd been careless with a gun and it was used in a crime or to shoot someone.
Get a gun safe. I got one from Home Depot when they had them for around $350 and screwed it to the floor with 3/8" lag screws. Whenever we leave the house the guns are locked up along with what jewelry we have.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 05:04:37 PM »
I'd wash your sheets.

He already did... he was a good maid/employee. :(

For the record his MO was giving oral pleasure, so I'm 95% certain nothing else happened in there than that.  Part of me wishes he hadn't washed anything, there would be more DNA evidence to say who this guy is.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 05:38:28 PM »
I'd wash your sheets.

He already did... he was a good maid/employee. :(

For the record his MO was giving oral pleasure, so I'm 95% certain nothing else happened in there than that.  Part of me wishes he hadn't washed anything, there would be more DNA evidence to say who this guy is.

I don't even know what to say...I'm almost speechless...talk about a sentence I never thought I'd read on ANY forum I belong to, much less the ones about screen printing, CLAUDE HAVE MERCY!!!  I have to wipe up the Dr Pepper from my desk since I was reading that while taking a nice drink.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 05:56:46 PM »
I'm sending you a bill for cleaning the puke off my desk....

hey Al - Dr. Pepper? . . . .yeah I was eating a banana. . . . I loose. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 06:15:12 PM »
I'm sending you a bill for cleaning the puke off my desk....

hey Al - Dr. Pepper? . . . .yeah I was eating a banana. . . . I loose. . .

What a difference in health, you're eating a mid afternoon banana and I'm chugging a 20oz bottle of caffeinated sugar, looks like you will win in the long run my friend.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 06:18:17 PM »
He, apparently is not the only one fond of "bananas"

Gilly, hasn't DS come back yet? sheesh!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2012, 06:54:13 PM »
Yeah, I'M the only one talking about this sort of thing... you guys are the one talking about burning bed sheets and such.

You guys should have come hang out at my shop when he was still around... he was a funny guy and had no problems hitting on anyone and everyone... he is basically the poster child for the extreme right's view of what homosexuals are like. 

Oh well, he's gone now.  Sucks to lose a good employee over such a stupid mistake... that's my only issue with it, how many of us haven't done something really stupid at some point.  Not taking up for him in anyway, just the devil's advocate that plays out in my head.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »
I would be taking a trip to the old gay bar with him. Ring a few necks and get the answer to who that F'r was. Somebody knows that douche bag. They wont tell the cops but they will tell you when they think their ass is getting kicked.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 08:06:49 PM »
if he was an employee first and then became friends, of pretty much all the circumstances I am aware of the employee friendship thing doesn't work....doesnt matter how long...they WILL eff up.....I know I am a downer but seen it happen a ton..

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 08:17:37 PM »
I've found the more you help employees on a personal level, the more they burn you in the end.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 08:53:52 PM »
if he was an employee first and then became friends, of pretty much all the circumstances I am aware of the employee friendship thing doesn't work....doesnt matter how long...they WILL eff up.....I know I am a downer but seen it happen a ton..

It all happened together... he started working for me and helping out above and beyond what was asked of him.

Offline DCSP John

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2012, 09:06:14 PM »
there is no way this post can be real. Absolutely no way.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 09:08:26 PM »
Sounds like this is the post John has been waiting for his whole life  ;D