Author Topic: Theft by a friend of a friend... what to do?  (Read 7925 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Theft by a friend of a friend... what to do?
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2012, 08:51:01 AM »
Wow, this story just got good.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2012, 10:10:58 AM »
Glad my misfortune is there to amuse you. :(

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2012, 10:47:46 AM »
Wow

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:40 AM »
the accomplish gave him weed then ask for the keys in the first place
told him... hand me the f... keys you rooster sucker mf lol

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 11:11:15 AM »
I think it may have gone the other way around... They didn't take anything else... one of the guns was on my wife's jewelry box... nothing was taken.

Now there are some marks on the door frame that may have been from that guy knowing we were gone for the week trying to come back by himself and finish the job.

All three guns were right next to my laptop yet it wasn't taken.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 11:43:01 AM »
wow, I would hire somebody to finish the job for you, if oyu know what i mean

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 12:01:14 PM »
What does that solve?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 12:06:27 PM »
your neighbor knows what you have in the house, what's to stop him from coming back by to get it? (isn't it your neighbor that tried to break back in?)

and you'll feel better. ;)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 12:12:16 PM »
I THINK that he just did it because he knew we weren't going to be home for the week.  Sure, I could be wrong... but I'm installing a camera system (putting one at my shop anyway so might as well make it two right).

Not sure how much better I would feel... especially if they are now angry and would want "revenge".  Let's face it, I don't think logic is the strong suit of the other party involved.

They chose a quick buck over a live long friendship and working relationship with people that ALWAYS made sure they were taken care of.

Offline nobrainsd

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 07:30:26 PM »
While this story may be amusing to some I sympathize with you. I have a lot of experience with sketchy people and conducted evictions and asset seizure for a while. All I can say is that with a family and household you aren't going to pick up and move. It is incumbent upoun yourself to make your home secure and to protect the ones you love. I have had situations where there were guns stolen (from properties that were not mine) and I engaged everyone I had contact with appropriately. By that I mean I carried a gun on my person at all times. It seems extreme, but you reference other family members and express some concern about retribution. You might consider applying for a concealed weapons permit. Even in restrictive states it is straightforward for individuals to obtain said permit with justification. Only you can say whether that is an over the top response. But I am licensed and carry a firearm regularly. My family is my priority and I have made every effort to make sure that they are safe. Camera systems are fine when you are not at home for prevention and evidence. An alarm lets you know if someone has entered in your absence and may be present when you enter. They also warn you when you are not alert. These times of stress will pass, but if you are uncertain regarding your safety it is your responsibility to be prepared. The police are good about responding to calls, but in the end they take time and our country was founded on the concept of self reliance. I have had issues with drug addicts and thieves and I will never underestimate their ability to do things that are incredibly stupid. The taking of weapons and not valuables would not make me more complacent. If you feel at all threatened get a concealed weapons permit and secure your premises. Don't make the evening news as a victim. Over reacting is bad, but being unprepared is just foolish. I had hassles with cartel members, so it was no joke. Makes screen printing seem uncomplicated!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:37:16 PM by nobrainsd »

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 11:33:44 PM »
You are right.

In my state you don't need a concealed license to carry... you have to carry open but you can carry.  I did from time to time.  I just have to replace the weapons now.

Offline Printwizard

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2012, 06:53:26 AM »
Funniest story yet!  Last time our factory got burgled the only thing they took was a rifle.  We've been robbed in the past from staff too, whenever we move to a new factory it's in my head to put a full set of cameras recording to hard drive in as systems are pretty cheap now.  Doesn't help when it's people you trust and you can't go through life not trusting people and not end up too bitter yourself.