Vinyl and similar products applied without a heat press > Cold Vinyl

Problems with small lettering on my Graphtec Craft Robo Pro (CE-5000-40-crp)

(1/3) > >>

Gilligan:
Using FDC 4200 making stencils for sandblasting we are always having problems with the cutter just wrecking the text.

This job in particular is 1/2" tall script type lettering.

It just picks up on the vinyl and mashes it all together and then we have to try and sort it all out or recut it .

Sometimes we are doing like a dozen of the EXACT same design on a roll going 2 x 6 down the roll. One half will be perfect and the other half will be completely trash.

I just cleaned the blade up before this last pass because of the pull ups it will get gunk in there and that will obviously cause problems.

Here are my settings for sticker vinyl... it's so slow because of the problems.

Condition = 1
 Speed = 5cm/s
 Force = 18
 Quality = 3

We are cutting with the illustrator plug-in and there are no double cuts or extra lines in any of the design.

Homer:
what degree blade you using? my guess is a 45, try a 60

Gilligan:
Yes, 45... I have a 60 and just assumed it was for flock type material.

I guess in a smaller more precise situation at "taller" blade would stay out of the way and make the turns better.

Should I set the blade depth about the same.... I hate tweaking with all of that stuff because one small adjustment here changes everything everywhere else.

Homer:
ALWAYS MAKE ONE CHANGE AT A TIME, SO YOU KNOW WHAT WORKS. tRY THE 60, SLOW YOUR SPEED DOWN, YOU CAN ADJUST FORCE AS YOU GO. moth fkn caps lock. . been getting me all day. . .sorry

Gilligan:
I need to be yelled at when it comes to this cutter.

I've considered buying a US cutter off ebay because of all the problems we have.  Then I started thinking more clearly that I should just fix the problem with my $1200 cutter before buying more problems with a $300 cutter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version