Author Topic: Summer's here and the time is right for removing minor scorching the natural way  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
I've never had good luck with peroxide concoctions or commercial Scorch-out. However, the sun has rarely let me down.
For minor scorching, (yellow, not dark brown!) a few hours in the sun works wonders.
Takes a little room, but, though used less and less over the years, I have the option of two clotheslines, at slightly different angles, to make the most of that natural bleacher in the sky.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline DouglasGrigar

• Can you test, repeat, and measure it? fact or not?
I've never had good luck with peroxide concoctions or commercial Scorch-out. However, the sun has rarely let me down.
For minor scorching, (yellow, not dark brown!) a few hours in the sun works wonders.
Takes a little room, but, though used less and less over the years, I have the option of two clotheslines, at slightly different angles, to make the most of that natural bleacher in the sky.

Have you ever tried white vinegar? Like any acid it has its own issues, but it does not stink as bad as peroxide.
When there are no standards, you must make them!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Nope, but the next time I suffer scorching on an overcast or rainy day, I'll give it a try. I'll even assume that you mean white vinegar rather than cider or wine! lol!
Does the smell go away? Or does it just become part of the product like Richard's salad dressing Plastisol?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
I know this is old. How do you use the white vinegar? I have about 48 shirts that have some very light spots from not being flat then going through the dryer (ok I had the dryer set too high)

Do you just spray white vinegar or Hydrogen peroxide on the spots and run it though the dryer??? This is the first time I have had this happen….

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Run them through the dryer. Other acetic acid potions can work but peroxide has always worked for me.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Run them through the dryer. Other acetic acid potions can work but peroxide has always worked for me.

I am amazed. I went to WalMart and got some peroxide. It came in a spray bottle. I just sprayed it on and set it down the dryer. It took it 100% out. This is the first time this has happened and mistily the last but it is nice to know there is a easy fix.