Poll

Should I drop a grand on a slightly larger 2nd cutter? (It's almost half price, slightly used)

Yes
4 (57.1%)
No
1 (14.3%)
Yes, but only if workload supports it
1 (14.3%)
Yes (buy the Roland), and then sell the Graphtec even though you mentioned liking the idea of having a backup
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Should I drop a grand on a slightly larger 2nd cutter?  (Read 4858 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Should I drop a grand on a slightly larger 2nd cutter?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »
I have a Stahls Hotronix Auto 16x16 that I use now... looks like essentially the same electronics just no electro magnet to auto release.

I also have a small 9x12 swing away that I picked up at the same pawnshop for $100 flat.  It just sits, something I didn't need at I price I couldn't pass up. (basically a cheap backup)

This would just be a second, full sized backup or if we had a larger job (team numbers or something).

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »
Well, I did it.

Roland GX-24 some blades and the cut software (though I'm sure that's free from the website) for 1k shipped.

After I get comfortable with this guy I'll probably be looking to sell the Graphtec if anyone is interested in it. :)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2012, 05:09:07 PM »
Good move Gilligan, and a great price shipped, cause it's not that light.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 06:10:05 PM »
Well, I did it.

Roland GX-24 some blades and the cut software (though I'm sure that's free from the website) for 1k shipped.

After I get comfortable with this guy I'll probably be looking to sell the Graphtec if anyone is interested in it. :)

That will take all of ten minutes. Good Purchase brother!
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin