Author Topic: Just got my iMac 27!  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Just got my iMac 27!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 02:24:09 PM »
What learning curve? There isn't really one, and it's a hell of a lot easier than starting with a Mac and going to a PC. I use both, but not being a total geek, prefer Mac. If you're an engineer, PC is probably more your cup of tea. But just as I don't want to wire a house to be able to turn on a light, I don't want to configure anything. As much as I love playing guitar, I don't want to build one, though, like building my own computer, like say Brandon, that would be pretty cool. Enjoy your new machine, and if you have a question, feel free.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 02:30:53 PM »
The thing is... if Mac every becomes as  dominate as Windows... they will be plagued with almost all the problems as well.

Especially viruses.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 02:42:48 PM »
The thing is... if Mac every becomes as  dominate as Windows... they will be plagued with almost all the problems as well.

Especially viruses.

If......  We are talking about present. Both machined, out of the box, Mac is completely superior.
You get the monitor/CPU (iMac) out of the box, plug in your power cord in the back of it and in the wall........ and you are ready to go!!!

That is it.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »
Just for clarity sake (nothing I can't stand worse than the lies in those Mac v. PC commercials).  You can get all in one PC's all day long.

I personally wouldn't suggest it for either brand.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »
Just for clarity sake (nothing I can't stand worse than the lies in those Mac v. PC commercials).  You can get all in one PC's all day long.

I'm not talking about putting everything together.
It is setting everything up, updating, registering, getting the kinks out................

I bought a PC to run my embroidery software on it, it was with Vista. They have sent me a W7 upgrade DVD with upgrade assistant software. That "Assistant" software would not run properly and it took me 3 days to upgrade. ???
That was it, no more for me. If I do not have enough money for next computer to be Mac. I'll wait until I get enough.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 03:25:36 PM »
This sounds dangerously close to a religious discussion.   :-X

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 03:37:16 PM »
This sounds dangerously close to a religious discussion.   :-X

No. No one has invoked the name of Jobs yet   :)
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 03:48:33 PM »

Especially viruses.

If......  We are talking about present. Both machined, out of the box, Mac is completely superior.
You get the monitor/CPU (iMac) out of the box, plug in your power cord in the back of it and in the wall........ and you are ready to go!!!

That is it.

Except that a lot of software isn't available on Mac's still.  I find that the largest down fall.  So out of the box I agree its a great machine, but it falls short in that department, which I suppose isn't entirely the fault of the Mac, but it is what it is.

(BTW I have a Imac 27 inch, and a Macbook Pro).
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »

I'm not talking about putting everything together.
It is setting everything up, updating, registering, getting the kinks out................

I bought a PC to run my embroidery software on it, it was with Vista. They have sent me a W7 upgrade DVD with upgrade assistant software. That "Assistant" software would not run properly and it took me 3 days to upgrade. ???
That was it, no more for me. If I do not have enough money for next computer to be Mac. I'll wait until I get enough.

Well, that parallels my beef with Apple charging  you for every minor revision they put out.

Tiger, Puma, White Tiger, White tiger that fell in the mud and isn't so white any more.  What version are they on now, Hello Kitty?

Imagine if MS charged for each Service Pack!

Offline DILLON

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 07:23:02 PM »

Especially viruses.

That is it.

Except that a lot of software isn't available on Mac's still.  I find that the largest down fall.  So out of the box I agree its a great machine, but it falls short in that department, which I suppose isn't entirely the fault of the Mac, but it is what it is.

(BTW I have a Imac 27 inch, and a Macbook Pro).

Wait, do you use them for embroidery?

Offline Hegemone

• Verified/Junior
Just got my iMac 27!
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »
There is a lack of Mac software because very few companies can live up to apples high standard. If it is not perfect they don't want it. That means I can feel secure that I am not buying (and paying a pretty price for it) crap. They don't disappoint their loyalists. My iPhone is the first smartphone I have had that I actually wanted to keep for the full 2 years before the subsidized upgrade. There is a reason that apple is the gold standard for graphics and video production while the pc is the gold standard for economy and consumer accessibility.

Nothing wrong with either both have their place in this world.

Mac OS is also a linux based operating system which has a lot of benefits for people who know how to effectively use the console.

On a side not I am still fully a pc household other then iPod and iPad lol.
(mikel@)(www.) 1PartArt1PartTee.com