Author Topic: QCM inks better then the rest?  (Read 6599 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: QCM inks better then the rest?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 09:38:04 AM »
QCM is now part of the Rutland group. To my knowledge all production is or has been moved to the Pineville NC facility
just an FYI

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 07:33:41 PM »
How do you guys rate the QCM inks compared to the Wilflex Epic inks?

I tried and switched from Epic. Less buildup on the back of screens, 158 is a great
white and just as easy to mix PMS (I just use the use the Wilflex ink matching software
and have tojust tweak in a little) and I could go on...
QCM has their own mixing software. Go on their site and click on downloads

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 08:40:02 PM »
I already tried the QCM 142 low bleed on 50/50 red shirt
with good results on manual press doing p/f/p 110 mesh
flash to gel around 220 degrees

Offline MeLC

• "Knowing is half the battle." -G.I. Joe
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »
QCM ink has been phthalate free for over 11 years, so the trial and error bugs have been worked out, although now most ink manufactures offer some phthalate free inks. QCM is apart of the Rutland family, but the formulas are the same as when they were manufactured in Kent, WA. 

As far as being “better” well every screen printer has their own techniques and preferences when it comes to ink, what one printer likes may not be ideal for another. There are also a ton of variables in equipment, technique, climate, the garment and so on. So it comes down to what works best for you. It is true that the XOLB-158 and XOLB-159 have been known to climb the squeegee a little on an automatic; however the XOLB-142 is often preferred by auto-printers because of the opacity and fast flashing characteristics without the squeegee climb. The XOLB-151 is another option that is fast flashing, for automatic presses, and is a “brighter” white. However, the XOLB-142 is more popular because it's usually more competitive in price. 

The QMX formulas are available on the QCM website; however, the new Pantone Plus colors have not been added. Rutland has an applications lab that will match the color and email the formula.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please visit the manufacturer section of the forum under the Rutland thread!
Thanks!

Best Regards'
Melissa Cambra
Rutland Plastics & Technology
Union Ink & QCM Ink
MelissaC@Rutlandinc.com
QCM, The environmentally friendly Ink.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 09:30:15 PM »
Your distributer here in Japan does stock all colors and products of the QCM inks??
QCM ink has been phthalate free for over 11 years, so the trial and error bugs have been worked out, although now most ink manufactures offer some phthalate free inks. QCM is apart of the Rutland family, but the formulas are the same as when they were manufactured in Kent, WA. 

As far as being “better” well every screen printer has their own techniques and preferences when it comes to ink, what one printer likes may not be ideal for another. There are also a ton of variables in equipment, technique, climate, the garment and so on. So it comes down to what works best for you. It is true that the XOLB-158 and XOLB-159 have been known to climb the squeegee a little on an automatic; however the XOLB-142 is often preferred by auto-printers because of the opacity and fast flashing characteristics without the squeegee climb. The XOLB-151 is another option that is fast flashing, for automatic presses, and is a “brighter” white. However, the XOLB-142 is more popular because it's usually more competitive in price. 

The QMX formulas are available on the QCM website; however, the new Pantone Plus colors have not been added. Rutland has an applications lab that will match the color and email the formula.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please visit the manufacturer section of the forum under the Rutland thread!
Thanks!

Best Regards'
Melissa Cambra
Rutland Plastics & Technology
Union Ink & QCM Ink
MelissaC@Rutlandinc.com
QCM, The environmentally friendly Ink.