Author Topic: Selfish people, I don't get it.  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Selfish people, I don't get it.
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 11:16:10 AM »
In my defense, she doesn't really spend any money either.

Eating out too much maybe... and buying things for the baby, but that doesn't even go overboard.

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 02:08:58 PM »
Just read this Gilligan and all I can say is People Suck.  Sorry to hear this.  I am sure you prolly would have kept your bike knowing that your "friends" wasnt there for you to buy. Major Bummer.  again, People Suck (for the most part). 

Loyalty is something your don't see much these days. 

Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 02:46:44 PM »
Just read this Gilligan and all I can say is People Suck.  Sorry to hear this.  I am sure you prolly would have kept your bike knowing that your "friends" wasnt there for you to buy. Major Bummer.  again, People Suck (for the most part). 

Loyalty is something your don't see much these days.

Right on Fluid.  That was in one of the text messages I sent.  I told him "So I just sold a bike I didn't want to sell for nothing!"

I told my buddy that bought the bike from me and he generously offered to let me have it back, but I told him that it was ok and a deal is a deal.  I wasn't about to do exactly what that guy did to me, to this guy even if he said "no hard feelings".  He's spent personal time and money getting the bike right (granted he would have spent the time on it anyway if I asked him) so I wasn't about to back out of the deal I had with him.

Guess I really have to get my scooter fixed now for a quick little toy!

My daughter called me last night and said that a friend's dad SUPPOSEDLY has a ducatti for $1,500 and it's "nice".  I laughed and said "Sure... but he doesn't want $1,500... someone misunderstood something."  I got off the phone and told my wife who also said "yeah, maybe $15,000!"  My mother-in-law asked "if it's real are you gonna buy it?"  I said "I'd buy 10 of them at that price in a heart beat!"  I followed it up with "and the wife would be reaching in her pocket to help me get the cash!"  She quickly looked over at her daughter expecting her to not go along with it and she said "for $1500, you d@mn right I would!"  LOL

I should be hearing from the daughter soon... I'm guessing it's basically brand new and the guy wants 15k not 15 hundred and someone misunderstood... fingers crossed that for some reason this guy is insane and dyslexic with money! ;)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 07:25:39 PM »
An older Monster bluebooks between $1500-$2300.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 09:01:07 PM »
I'd buy 10 as well at that price lol.  You never know though. Check with the guy just in case.   8)
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »
So, I get SOME of the details... I say "some" because they don't add up.

He wants 5k-6k (makes a bunch more sense)... it's an 06.... but he says it's a 796 Monster... the 796 didn't come out till '11.

Either way, from the numbers I'm looking at, he is priced about right... so no steal to be had (I doubt many will stumble on to a "steal" with a duck though!)

I am reading a great book on "power negotiating"... maybe if I can get him down to 4k I'll jump on it.

Doesn't make a bunch of sense not to buy my buddy's bike (when I was at his house) for $500 BELOW trade-in because I have better things to spend my money on.  Then sell my bike for $2500 to justify buying it... then spend $1500 more on a bike because it's a "good deal".

I'll play with the numbers and see... Obviously I WANT a duck but, that doesn't mean I should get one.  Where I live it isn't ideal to house one... I can manage but I don't have an auto garage or anything so it's less convenient to get in and out of where it will be kept (meaning, I'll ride it less than I would if it was easily accessible).