Author Topic: A couple of AI and a pdf file I need help with  (Read 6823 times)

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
Re: A couple of AI and a pdf file I need help with
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 02:16:11 PM »
X5 handles compressed files better than X4 yet is limited to CS versions prior to X5 beings released. Any CS versions after the release of X5 will NOT open a compressed file due to code being changed on Illy's end. Possible Service Packs have been updated to work with more current CS versions yet I know some still don't open.  Adobe keeps changing parts of the code with every version and it seems Corel releases their latest version before Adobe does thus some things just not transferring between the two properly.

Adobe just needs to buy Corel and end this fiasco once and for all!

Just kidding, of course.  :o
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 02:47:42 PM »

That strategy worked wonders with Freehand eh buddy?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »
X5 handles compressed files better than X4 yet is limited to CS versions prior to X5 beings released. Any CS versions after the release of X5 will NOT open a compressed file due to code being changed on Illy's end. Possible Service Packs have been updated to work with more current CS versions yet I know some still don't open.  Adobe keeps changing parts of the code with every version and it seems Corel releases their latest version before Adobe does thus some things just not transferring between the two properly.

Well, that worked with Freehand... or did it?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 09:04:31 PM »
You should be put in front of a firing squad Scott  ::)  I was wondering how long it would take for one of those comments. lol  Well I guess if that did happen I would have to find a new line of work. 
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 10:08:47 PM »
You should be put in front of a firing squad Scott  ::)  I was wondering how long it would take for one of those comments. lol  Well I guess if that did happen I would have to find a new line of work.

Better chance of that happening than Corel making Draw Mac Compatible again?

Lemme tellya... if Corel made a Mac version, I'D BUY IT.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 09:23:36 AM »
That will never happen again. No more Corel for MAC. Illy has that market (mac) and the sales do not justify the cost to make it compatible.

Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 11:18:41 AM »
That will never happen again. No more Corel for MAC. Illy has that market (mac) and the sales do not justify the cost to make it compatible.

It never ran well anyway. CDR 11 was OK, but still pretty unstable in that platform.

Oh well, I've said it before, every upgrade and feature-add that Adobe gives Illustrator either comes from Corel or the empty husk that was Freehand.

On another note, I bought the latest Corel Painter (12) but haven't had time to load it or try it yet. I love me some Painter.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 11:43:39 AM »
With Illustrator for PC outselling Illustrator for Mac by a wide margin it is hard to predict the future of Illustrator for Mac......There was a suggestion on the Adobe forum a couple years back that Apple might have to partner with Adobe to keep it going....As a high % of Mac users, use Illustrator.....

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »
With Illustrator for PC outselling Illustrator for Mac by a wide margin it is hard to predict the future of Illustrator for Mac......There was a suggestion on the Adobe forum a couple years back that Apple might have to partner with Adobe to keep it going....As a high % of Mac users, use Illustrator.....

I think...... Adobe stuff is cross platform. The only difference would be a serial/activation number.
At my regular job, we buy few licenses and we get only one DVD with the software and different numbers for all of us to register with.

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 12:45:34 AM »
I think there's 2 versions of some stuff in there.
Windows and Mac's OS work a bit differently doing certain things.

Z, bite your tongue about Adobe going near Corel, they steal all their good ideas, that should be enough.
 :P