Author Topic: Beach Towels....?  (Read 708 times)

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Beach Towels....?
« on: July 20, 2012, 10:29:31 PM »
Does anybody have any input on screening beach towels? I have a customer who could move a ton of them if I could pull it off. I'm assuming water-base, on light towels only, one colour only, a one-arm printer or large format clamshell or 4-post.

Am I nuts to even think about it?
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Admiral

Re: Beach Towels....?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 04:08:01 AM »
Not that I have done them but I have done terry cloth golf towels; Water-base of course, discharge can work for dark towels but light colored is definitely preferred.  I think belt printers might be used on those big towels with lots of colors.  Depending on print size I don't see why you can't do more than one color though. You would need a lot of ink put down to saturate the towel. Lower mesh count with a squeegee that can put a lot of ink through the screen.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Beach Towels....?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »
All I can say is don't get the "7000 TD" series from Bodek... those are some pretty weak towels compared to how they push them.

They aren't "bad" towels but not what one would expect from a good quality beach towel.  More like a generic bath towel, maybe a step or two up from a cheap hotel towel.

*edit* obviously these are tye-died and you won't be getting them but the point is, watch out for the quality!