Author Topic: Help needed. I'm stumped.  (Read 3724 times)

Offline mjrprint

Re: Help needed. I'm stumped.
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2012, 11:43:21 AM »
So now I am having the same problem with the same shirts. This time it is when they come out of the dryer. I am just hitting 320 degrees no and it is still doing it. HELP

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 11:52:42 AM »
Except that I'm almost sure that there is way to reduce your problems, I am inclined to equate this particular shirt to the old saw. "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Well, don't do that!"
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2012, 12:08:50 PM »
We are suddenly having the same problem with some heather grays from Canvas. A huge run, and I bet we've lost close to 100 pieces today. Made in Pakistan makes me a little suspect. Bin Laden maybe?

Steve

I started a similar thread under "blanks"

Canvas items are expesive too!

Online prozyan

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2012, 12:13:05 PM »
Canvas lights always scorch on me.  I've started factoring into the price another hour of work time per 50 shirts to remove the scorch marks.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 12:21:20 PM »
I wish I could just get different shirt Frog but these are made for us with our branding. So I am kinda stuck with them.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2012, 12:25:16 PM »
you need a different dryer.  it's hard to scorch shirts in a gas dryer.  I know that doesn't help, but the cost savings of gas vs. elec and how much money you are wasting on ruined garments would make up the difference of a monthly payment quickly.

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
ALL heather greys will scorch if your not careful, not matter what brand.  I have seen this for 14 years and it never goes away.  I run my quartz on 1 once the pallets are hot and the problems go away.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 07:48:29 AM »
you need a different dryer.  it's hard to scorch shirts in a gas dryer.  I know that doesn't help, but the cost savings of gas vs. elec and how much money you are wasting on ruined garments would make up the difference of a monthly payment quickly.

I think scorching was the wrong term to use. The are more discoloring. If I fold the shirt in half and run down the dryer, the exposed part seems to lighten. I have never seen it before as this is one of our new products. For now I have moved all of the orders to a gas dryers. The thing is that we have 8 colors of this shirt and it only happens with the heather grey.