Author Topic: squeegee racks  (Read 17185 times)

Offline Scobey Peterman

Re: squeegee racks
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »
Here is what we have.

Quality over Quantity

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions.  Originally I was going to use dowel pegs like Andy's.  Then thought about cutting a patterns similar to Gilligan's.  Met my neighbor at the fence and after a chat, ended up with this.

Ripped some 1 3/4 strips and chopped them at 5 in. with a 5 degree angle.  Glued and tacked with brad gun on both sides of a 1x6.  I'll spray it white and mount to the wall.  Will hold 15 squeegees.

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 08:59:50 PM »
Woohoo!  I gave back to the community! ;)

Offline inkbrigade

squeegee racks
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 06:07:12 PM »
15 bucks from Ryonet
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 09:54:06 PM »
Yea, knew about those, but they are $15 for a pair that holds only 5 squeegees.  Looks like you have quite a few $15 buck pairs on the wall, lol. 

I was targeting to hold 12-15 and didn't want to toss a fifty at it. 

Yours does look nice and neat tho on the wall.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »
Bit cluttered when the pic was taken but you get the idea. Its 6' tall, base is 16"x16" and holds 42 squeegees from 1"-16".

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 09:34:26 PM »
That one is sweet Bink--I'd get a star for the top, and hang lights and ornaments on it for Christmas.   ;D

Here's a pretty low profile setup--under ink shelves.  I think it cost four bucks for the dowels.  The wood glue (expired emulsion) was free. 

If I were to do it again, I would borrow someones drill press--it was really easy to build, and works great, but the handles are not all drilled straight.   Some jerk was in a hurry.   ::)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »
I like both of those!

Offline inkbrigade

squeegee racks
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 11:14:15 AM »
Yea, knew about those, but they are $15 for a pair that holds only 5 squeegees.  Looks like you have quite a few $15 buck pairs on the wall, lol. 

I was targeting to hold 12-15 and didn't want to toss a fifty at it. 

Yours does look nice and neat tho on the wall.

Yes 15 bucks for the pair and holds five squeegees I think. I think we spent like $100 on what you see there.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart