Author Topic: Printvest  (Read 3721 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Printvest
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 09:34:19 AM »
Very odd post from you Hugh. In the beginning you still claim your belief that the scheme was viable but further in you seem to take some responsibility. What I do not get is how you think there was any possibility your business plan could be possible and legit?

It's simple anyone here can ask any one of their vendors or even the mills directly what the lowest possible price you can get any brandof t shirt. No matter your buying power what is the cheapest? Well your .60 falls far short of reality. Any vendor will tell you the margins in t shirts is literally pennies, not dimes as you imply. It's the same for the mills, their margins are in the pennies far from your claims that shirts can be bought for as much or more than half normal whole sale pricing.

Your whole post lacks any real acceptance of guilt. No where do you state you were running a classic Ponzi scheme and in my opinion no man is no better than what he originally was till he takes full responsibility. Just because as you state t shirt buyers were all reimbursed doesnt mean much, you admit most were CC and had charges reversed I would assume others were reimbursed be caused you were forced to do so by the authorities.

"No man is an island"

Offline Printvest Guy

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 01:06:52 PM »
Inkman, I apologize if my post sounds like I am not taking full responsibility, but I certainly do. There is no one to blame but myself for what I did 7 years ago and pled guilty which I most definitely was. As well, I carry a great amount of guilt for being so foolish and causing great damage. I really have no purpose in coming here, and it is probably not advisable but I do feel compelled to say I am sorry. The sentiment may be trite, but I can say with all honesty that I did not set out to commit a crime. But that is what happened and I did become a criminal, through no fault but my own. The judge banged the gavel and I was sentenced to prison and I served my time without complaint. It is my sincere wish that everyone has the best of success in business as well as life.

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 01:55:20 PM »
Inkman, I apologize if my post sounds like I am not taking full responsibility, but I certainly do. There is no one to blame but myself for what I did 7 years ago and pled guilty which I most definitely was. As well, I carry a great amount of guilt for being so foolish and causing great damage. I really have no purpose in coming here, and it is probably not advisable but I do feel compelled to say I am sorry. The sentiment may be trite, but I can say with all honesty that I did not set out to commit a crime. But that is what happened and I did become a criminal, through no fault but my own. The judge banged the gavel and I was sentenced to prison and I served my time without complaint. It is my sincere wish that everyone has the best of success in business as well as life.
Is there a place online we can watch the Movie?

Offline Printvest Guy

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 02:21:42 PM »
To my knowledge the film is not yet available online for download or streaming. There is a website www.indigogoatproductions.com where it can be purchased. It was featured in a couple of film festivals but I don't believe the sales of been very heavy. It was done while I was in Leavenworth and pretty well complete by the time I got out. The reviews were fairly mixed. My own opinion of it is nearly irrelevant though some parts I was impressed technically and there were scenes that I was underwhelmed. Personally the most cringe inducing moments of the film are me babbling on about the whole mess. Those interviews were filmed about 10 days before I went away. It is a very surreal feeling. I've watched it in its entirety only once and that was enough for me.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 03:47:00 PM »
Leavenworth is a notorious prison, is it a hardcore max through and through or was there lower level areas for white collar non violent folks? Here in CT a supermax is a supermax, a medium level is a medium level, no prison is a mix.
"No man is an island"

Offline Printvest Guy

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 04:01:17 PM »
In 2005 it dropped security level to a medium and I was in there for only a few days. They say it is for processing and such, but it is more of a means to intimidate. I did most all of my time in minimum security. It could have been much worse I know. I was able to walk every day on the inside of the fence, at least for a little while. Near the end of my release I was transferred closer to home and lived in a halfway house with folks of all security levels. I avoided trouble with everyone though even with a few close calls. Very happy to be away from all of that I must say. Lesson learned, without question.