Author Topic: Odyssey 4/4 for Sale  (Read 4704 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Odyssey 4/4 for Sale
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 05:06:44 PM »
I really don't mind the wood pallets. I have burned 2 of them up in the last 3 years. They sure make alot of smoke.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 06:52:22 PM »
bumping the screen out of regi just all around more secure.

Shawn,

You (other WH owners) need to add some grip tape to the bottom of your Work Horse back clamps. I make my clamps really tight but depending on how smooth the screens are they will move a little if your swinging the screens around hard. I put some grip tape (got it at Wal-Mart in the RV area its used for steps on RVs) it works great. I don't have to tighten the screens nearly as hard. Another thing you’re going to want to do is remove your wood pallets and put them back on with some epoxy on the smooth top part of the clamp and then put some epoxy on the screws and screw them back in. I did this about a year ago. Many times when you have a shirt that goes out of registration it’s the board that is loose not the screen (on the work horse press). I have perfect registration with mine now (even though I only use it 2 or 3 times a week now) and I even use auto screens on it with just the back clamps.

I no longer have that issue since I went side clamps. That's a great tip for anyone using wood plattens. Still trying to justify dropping a grand on 6 from Action, a grand is a ton of DIY cut plattens out of MDF.
I got an idea it`s a conspiracy man
they make a nice press with shitty wooden pallets
if you want aluminum call the other company, get it
it`s a conspiracy to get more money out of industry
just my thought

A platten upgrade would be nice.  For the record... is it "platten" or "pallet" I've heard this both ways.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 06:57:13 PM »

A platten upgrade would be nice.  For the record... is it "platten" or "pallet" I've heard this both ways.

I call them pallets, shirt boards, boards, and some times that F***ing thing that is on Fire.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:14:17 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline gvmco

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 07:05:42 AM »
Sale pending, deposit received