Author Topic: Passed Away  (Read 2025 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Passed Away
« on: April 10, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
So not sure if this is the right spot to post this but an owner of a very large shop that has been around for a long time and responsible for a lot of prints in the Seattle area just passed away. Not going to put names online out of respect for family and friends and not sure who knows yet. Very sad and tragic. Anyone up in the PacNW area pm me and I will let you know. Young guy, mid 50's. Crazy. Out of nowhere his life is over. Man, makes me want to get life insurance for real this time

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Passed Away
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »
What we do to ourselves in our 20's and 30's can really sneak up on you in your 50's. Way sad... it just comes out of the blue sometimes, happened to my mom that way. So, uh, yeah, life insurance is pretty smart... sorry for your loss

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 03:27:27 PM »
Brandon

sorry to hear this...on the Life Insurance note...yeah get it now...it is cheap for what could happen....i know my kids and wife will NEVER have to worry if something would happen to me...

sam

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 03:35:30 PM »
Brandon

sorry to hear this...on the Life Insurance note...yeah get it now...it is cheap for what could happen....i know my kids and wife will NEVER have to worry if something would happen to me...

sam

Nor would anyone hesitate to put your name in a memorial post Sammy.
Brandon, I wouldn't think that a respectful post made in memorium would offend any family or friends, but I respect your choice and my condolences go out for the anonymous family in the Northwest. Mid fifties is certainly too young.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 03:45:19 PM »
I second Sam on the Life insurance I,m wrapped up as well for my family....surprise my wife has not knock me off yet LOL

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 03:58:47 PM »
I second Sam on the Life insurance I,m wrapped up as well for my family....surprise my wife has not knock me off yet LOL

Darryl

Darryl,

can I have your wife's phone number? I have a business proposition for her I'd like to discuss. . .

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 04:05:12 PM »

Darryl

She doesn't read the forum, does she Darryl?

Steve

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 04:28:29 PM »
man, that is awful, sorry to hear that.

life insurance is cheap.  my wife and kids won't have to worry either. 

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 05:51:17 PM »
You fellers are awful ;D  its ashame I,m worth more money dead than alive...I need Sams pockets I hear they are to his ankles and thats deep!!!!!

Really, I did that many years ago after we got in business it just made good sense to look out for the ones I love.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »
All these late nights, stress and poor eating habits , ever notice how many printers have a big gut? Makes one wonder if being a business owner is worth the risk.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 06:49:49 PM »
All these late nights, stress and poor eating habits , ever notice how many printers have a big gut? Makes one wonder if being a business owner is worth the risk.

I like to think it's to hold the screen up while I flood it.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 10:36:36 PM »

More like there to catch the ink haha , I have a pile of ruined shirts with ink across the belly. Ever spray out and run a sweaty shirt down the dryer? What a stink that makes!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »

More like there to catch the ink haha , I have a pile of ruined shirts with ink across the belly. Ever spray out and run a sweaty shirt down the dryer? What a stink that makes!

like when we get unwashed uniforms to put numbers on. Expletive deleted...  we used to tell them the price is double when they come that way, now it's "No way, take them home and wash them..."

Steve

Steve