Author Topic: article in impressions mag about making economic sense....  (Read 4023 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: article in impressions mag about making economic sense....
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 08:17:25 PM »
rubberized pick up truck bed liner spray.........................................................................no kidding
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:26:47 PM by mooseman »
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 08:58:20 PM »
rubberized pick up truck bed liner spray.........................................................................no kidding

funny you say that. I just made a new washout booth  -actually it's a whole room, no booth to it. I made the sink out of wood and completely coated the entire thing in bedliner. . .that stuff is awesome -smells terrible- but it's awesome. . .waterproof, scratch proof, chemical resistant. . .expensive though.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 09:04:19 PM »

I've mentioned before when this topic comes up, that way back when, we used a product called Pro Seal, a catalyzed rubber that was initially developed as an aviation fuel tank sealer/liner. It both sealed the mesh/frame joint, and masked like tape.
We used various films for stencils, but its rubber grip and ensuing friction would probably not have been conducive for direct emulsion application. It's flexibility was great though.
Seems to have left the market in the early eighties, and when I returned to a screen printing, and a screen department in a shirty shop in the late eighties, at my suggestion, we experimented with the Liquid Tape and other frame glues, but no one liked them. Besides, they had a hundred times more screens than we had in the flat stock shop I had worked.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 09:20:41 PM »
How about coal tar epoxy for a washout booth coating, I know they line some water pipes with it

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 09:23:01 PM »
I've heard of Mobile Home Roof Stuff for lining wooden planters, so that may be good for a wash out booth as well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 09:54:03 PM »
Possibly UGL Drylok as well although mainly designed for concrete.