Author Topic: printer ink for positives  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Croft

Re: printer ink for positives
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »
I've been using these guys  filmdirectonline.com  for there self resetting  all black carts and ink, no problems at all

Offline squeezee

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 03:24:13 AM »
my densitometer goes to 6. Not sure why, but some sources quote 6 as max and some use 4. From my understanding, the scale is exponential and we are just talking about decimal places behind 99% after you pass 3.0. so 4.0 would be 99.9% light blocked and 5.0 would be 99.99% light blocked. Thus the saying that 3.0 is enough.
Actually 1 is 90%, 2 is 99%, 3 - 99.9% etc.
Laser printers are barely scratching 2.2 ish and you can get a screen out of them if you're careful, 3 is fine.
imagesetters for screenprinting  A Troll-free zone :-)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 11:42:42 AM »
recently lost my lap top crash & burned all my favorites.
looking to replace the source someone posted about black  ink for printing positives. it was from a screen supplier i think but i cant find it in the archives here. pleasse help.
respectfully
mooseman

A little off topic, but check out the internet browser Opera.  It has a "link" function that lets you sync multiple installs of Opera (home and work for example) and it syncs your stuff like Bookmarks and such.  So when you reinstall you just put back in your link info and poof it's all back synced up!

And it's just a much better browser all the way around. ;)