Author Topic: Think I could cheat the "underbase" here?  (Read 6807 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Think I could cheat the "underbase" here?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 12:31:17 PM »
... but I also see some folks a little like the high school kid, with a really cool car, that is always up on blocks awaiting some trick rear end, or a special grind cam, while the girl of his dreams is going out with the guy who can actually pick her up and drive somewhere in his running Camry.

What century are you living in?!  :p

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 12:35:01 PM »
I also have to ask the question "these are due tomorrow and you are just now dealing with this?".... :o

About to run films now.

The quickly approaching deadline isn't really my deal... he came to me late last week and asked for these... then as most clients took FOREVER to get me the artwork... oh, and when he did it was a 30k jpg!  Yay!  His first job he gave me was a very nice separated PDF that dropped into illustrator nicely... so I was really expecting the same again or I had just had the wife knock it out from jump street, we have on of their old shirts right here.

Their previous company was screwing them on their deadline so they canceled the order (thankfully it was a web company and not a local printer as I'd hate to "steal" from someone I might know and respect).

So, I'll be printing all day and probably most of the night then maybe even some in the morning.  This job is 150 pcs and they are right next door to me and open at 10... I should be able to knock that out easy enough tonight.  Job 2 is his bar that doesn't open till 3pm so I have a few more hours to finish that job up and even still could get him what I have and he will be more than happy.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 12:51:20 PM »
... but I also see some folks a little like the high school kid, with a really cool car, that is always up on blocks awaiting some trick rear end, or a special grind cam, while the girl of his dreams is going out with the guy who can actually pick her up and drive somewhere in his running Camry.

What century are you living in?!  :p

Is it the rear end that throws you? There are plenty of rear drive cars out there both new and old.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 12:52:18 PM »
Like the one that I OWN!?  :p

That was my number one requirement when I bought my first car. ;)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »
Just to derail the thread because that's what I like to do, I'm debating on getting an Astro cargo van and wrapping it or a Dodge Magnum station wagon with a hemi just because.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 04:23:38 PM »
LOL... I own a Nissan Quest (minivan) and yet I cringed when you said "Astro van".

Magnum is ok, but there are so many better cars out there.  There is always the little square cars, good gas mileage and good for wrapping... I had an XB that I was gonna do that with till I plowed into the back of an old lady. :D

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 04:30:49 PM »
Im old school though. The Quest is actually a nice van. I like Nissan styling, I have an 08 Maxima.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 04:46:30 PM »
Only thing I wish I would have in it (we have the mode just below the top dog) is the sky roof for the baby, though now she's old enough to see a bit around her car seat (she's still rear facing).  But most of all... Memory seat positions, coded to your keyfobs.... oh how I wish I had that.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »
Any car I have ever owned and I have owned almost 30 of them, seat position is all the way back and reclined about 45 degrees.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, 04:56:27 PM »
Mine aren't too far off... well, maybe not the recline part... I ain't got that gangsta lean down yet. ;)

That reminds me of a dude that used to have his seat laid back to be "cool" back in HS... but when he got in it and drove he would sit upright. LOL

In my Miata I have to pull the seat up a bit then lean the seat back one click further then it will go when all the way back then JAM it back into the furthest position so I can get the most room possible.  Then I pull the sun visors out because they "crowd my view and make me feel closed in".   But I LOVE that car!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2012, 05:05:23 PM »
I have never been a small car guy. My absolute favorite cars out of the 30 I have owned would be the 5 Cadillac Coupe Devilles, 77,78,two 79s and an 81. I would love to have any of those back.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2012, 05:07:15 PM »
I've always been a small car guy....1962 MG midget...with a british flag hard top.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2012, 05:40:36 PM »
Great car... the miata is just a working version of that. ;)

Hey, I just took 2 hours to burn 9 screens... how's that "new" unit you got coming along? ;)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 06:02:48 PM »
Actually, I'd say that the Miata (now just MX-5) is much more akin to the MGB
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2012, 06:11:46 PM »
Post 2001 just aint a Miata any more... ok, I just don't like variable valve timing... but seriously I saw one the other day with a motorized hard top!!  WTF?!  I thought they kept the rag top manual to save weight... now they have a collapsible motorized hard top?!  Ugh.