Computers and Software > Computers and Software - General

Email Clients

(1/2) > >>

ebscreen:
So for the third time in as many years I am attempting to switch to IMAP. Everytime I do I hate hate hate it.

Thunderbird sucks nowadays. I honestly stayed on version 3 until a few days ago. Tried the newest but the layout and lack of being able to display folders how you want is frustrating.

I even tried Outlook. That program promptly deleted all emails on the server, and after uninstalling, destroyed my ability to set the default email program as anything other than Outlook.

Ugh. Can no one get IMAP right? I just want a simple email client that lets me display only the folders I want, funnel multiple adresses into one inbox, and doesnt do awesome things like randomly mark unread emails as read. (Thanks Thunderbird)

Sent from my ? using Tapatalk

Gilligan:
Give "The Bat" a try.

I never really used it with imap, my wife did briefly then we switched hosts and now she doesn't again.  But The Bat had always impressed me when I was still using an email client.

ebscreen:
Are you on the google machine?

Gilligan:
Not exactly.  I do have a gmail account and it stays open but I really don't use it for much communications.

I have my ISP email account that I use via webmail and then I have several mail.com accounts that I use for just about everything else.

But in a sense it is all "cloud" based.  I'm just never really at one computer enough... I know imap is the answer for that as well.  It's just as easy to use webmail though.

ebscreen:
I know that web based is where everything is headed.

I looked at Gmail when it first came out, I despised threaded conversations though,
and you couldn't turn it off. (then) All my email accounts forwarded to it though, and I'd use
it occasionally while traveling.

I still dislike the interface, just doesn't seem professional. Not to mention googles data
collection/ownership/masteroftheuniverse schemes seem a bit nefarious to say the least.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version