Author Topic: Neon Green on Black  (Read 1917 times)

Offline chubsetc

Neon Green on Black
« on: May 01, 2012, 10:23:04 AM »
Does anyone know of a Neon Green Ink that can actually be p/f/p on black cotton T's well without an underbase.  I have a softball team with a complicated logo on the back (won't work for vinyl) along with a number, and would like to make sure the green color is conststent, logo and number.  I have used Union Maxopake Traffic Green but that cannot be printed effectively p/f/p without an underbase.  Thanks.

Offline starchild

Re: Neon Green on Black
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 10:38:39 AM »
Is there a reason why you resist doing an underbase?
We are screen printers after all and doing underbases goes with the territory?

Don't answer that.. I just prefer not to finagle a print unless it's a part of discovery
then record it as a standard. Or better yet, I let you guys do the finagling and I record it as a standard.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:42:47 AM »
Sericol Texcharge flo green will blow you away. One screen and you're done

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 10:48:07 AM »
Wilflex has a neon green that is thick as concrete but I prefer to use an underbase and a smooth thin top color for this its a much better feel and much less hassle.
"No man is an island"

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 10:53:49 AM »
I don't have a problem using an underbase, but I am using number stencils for the numbers, not as easy to just underbase.

I have the sericol Flo Green and have used it, loved it before washing it, but after washing it looks less flo and more "shamorck" green, do I need to do something different, used 4% activator.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:57:48 AM by chubsetc »

Offline MrBreeze

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 05:51:01 PM »
The best way with stencil numbers and this project is to print 2 color numbers with white as your under (outline) color.  Charge for 2 color numbers and tell 'em it's the only way to get real flo green.
If it's so easy, you do it.

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 08:52:02 AM »
Just to update I got the wilflex high opacity flo green.  I actually p/f/p/f/p and the color was bright.  It was much heavier of a deposit than I personally would have liked but the customer LOVED them. 

Offline shellyky

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 04:31:59 PM »
Just to update I got the wilflex high opacity flo green.  I actually p/f/p/f/p and the color was bright.  It was much heavier of a deposit than I personally would have liked but the customer LOVED them.

BLACKLIGHT GREEN?

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 10:35:02 PM »
It was Epic HV Super Flourescent Green

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 08:22:40 AM »

Thats why I was saying I prefer a smooth underbase and a smooth light neon green top coat. In fact i have a whole gallon of Wilflex Flouro Green I could have sold you its to much of a bear to mess with. Now that I think about it I should just cut it down with viscosity buster.
"No man is an island"