Author Topic: Friday Fun  (Read 2447 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Friday Fun
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 01:51:38 PM »
Print/flash/print would halve the number of clean prints one would get before needing to clean the screen.
Tony's appears to be discharge.
Mine, have mostly been on white shirts, and if on dark, would print over a flashed underbase.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 02:35:31 PM »
I'm pretty sure Tony does all discharge. When I first started printing, we had a Vastex press that had you run the squeegee from left to right, or vice versa, it was a tiny "one man squeegee", with bearing running on the back of the screen holder. We had a customer that used a horizontal blend a couple of times a month. Wilfex had this reducer that was actually quite pasty, and clear, that we could mix into the inks, and we could get a few dozen shirts out before we had to clean up the mud. The so called reducer made the inks very short bodied...
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 02:38:30 PM »
Yes this is discharge 3 colors one screen 230 mesh two hits. We use mustard squirt bottles to introduce fresh ink to the screen. With practise you can pretty good at it without making mud.

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2012, 11:01:32 PM »
Did anyone mention the name of the technique?
This is old school tom-foolery, although..discharge?
hehe.
Giver.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 11:38:57 AM »
Split Fountain

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 12:15:51 PM »
You can see early examples of this on vintage venue posters. We did them out of necessity when an 8 color press was considered an extreme luxury.

Offline MrBreeze

• !!!
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 05:47:21 PM »
We still do the split fountain thing from time to time.  We use three colors in the split and charge it as a two color.  As said before keep the middle color full to reduce the muddy effect.  We only do small runs on the manual presses.  If the job is large enough for the auto we use half tones to create the blend.
If it's so easy, you do it.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 01:46:19 AM »
I've always heard it called "Graphic Blend" With practice and judicial additions of ink here and there you can hold it through big run on a manual press, I haven't tried it on an auto.
Wishin' I was Fishin'