Author Topic: ulano orange  (Read 20901 times)

Offline Admiral

Re: ulano orange
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2012, 11:45:31 PM »
Where do you guys with the 3140's have your LTU's set at?  I guess what I'm asking is how long is a 10 ltu exposure, 10 seconds?  Earlier in the day 10 ltu's on our richmond is faster than after we've shot 30 screens, it's noticeable.  Having the light integrator is very valuable in my opinion, especially if you're doing high end stuff. 10 ltu's for us is approximately 75-90 seconds and that seems like forever sometimes.  That's why I have such a hard time thinking about moving to a dual cure.  3-5 minute shoots ain't gonna work when we are busy.

75 ltu's for us is 6 min 37 seconds, that's for a dual cure emulsion though, I don't have anything else timed right now.

I thought you had a 10k exposure bulb? You can only do one screen at a time though? If we start getting to 60-100 screens a day we will probably have to get an exposure unit that can do 2 23x31 screens at a time.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2012, 08:42:09 AM »
Where do you guys with the 3140's have your LTU's set at?  I guess what I'm asking is how long is a 10 ltu exposure, 10 seconds?  Earlier in the day 10 ltu's on our richmond is faster than after we've shot 30 screens, it's noticeable.  Having the light integrator is very valuable in my opinion, especially if you're doing high end stuff. 10 ltu's for us is approximately 75-90 seconds and that seems like forever sometimes.  That's why I have such a hard time thinking about moving to a dual cure.  3-5 minute shoots ain't gonna work when we are busy.

Alan i timed our nearly brand new MSP (new bulb) 60 LTU's equals 71 seconds, that is nearly a second an LTU, I am sure in a year it will be double that.
"No man is an island"

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2012, 09:28:27 AM »

75 ltu's for us is 6 min 37 seconds, that's for a dual cure emulsion though, I don't have anything else timed right now.

I thought you had a 10k exposure bulb? You can only do one screen at a time though? If we start getting to 60-100 screens a day we will probably have to get an exposure unit that can do 2 23x31 screens at a time.

We can do 2 at a time but it seems like we aren't burning like mesh counts at the same time very often.  If we went to a dual cure it would be 2 at a time every exposure for sure.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Prof_Yaffel

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »
CCI have an orange emulsion out too now called TX-orange, I'm told its thicker than the Ulano product so should give a good build on coarse meshes.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2012, 10:45:39 PM »
CCI have an orange emulsion out too now called TX-orange, I'm told its thicker than the Ulano product so should give a good build on coarse meshes.

I've come to the conclusion after a gallon  of the orange that overall it is a great emulsion that will be perfect for a good number of shops out there.  It is versatile, does everything really well except build thick stencils on lower mesh counts.  That's why it isn't going to be  a gamer in our shop.  The PHW red will give you a thicker stencil with a 2/1 than the orange will get you with a 3/3.  If you try to get a thick stencil out of the orange you'll end up getting major dripage before you're able to achieve that stencil.  Oh well, it was a good emulsion for the money and I recommend others try it out, especially those shops that don't mess around with 100 micron stencils.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2012, 09:13:52 PM »
Well we have gone through 2 buckets of Ulano Orange and just ordered two more buckets of Ulano QTX.
We are off the orange, just not worth the $20.00 / bucket savings to us.
Thinner mix, fussier stick to screens, doesn't seem to reclaim as well and just don't like the color.
Other than that how was the play Ms Lincoln?

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2012, 03:30:07 PM »
Well we have gone through 2 buckets of Ulano Orange and just ordered two more buckets of Ulano QTX.
We are off the orange, just not worth the $20.00 / bucket savings to us.
Thinner mix, fussier stick to screens, doesn't seem to reclaim as well and just don't like the color.
Other than that how was the play Ms Lincoln?

mooseman
Exactly my findings. At first we thought this is the emulsion we have been looking for but too many issues popped up. Next I will try Xenon products. Do they have a website, tried to google it without any luck.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2012, 03:44:08 PM »
Cant find their website anymore but it sucked ^%& big time. Hopefully they are revamping it. Here is a link to their ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/xenonproductsdirect

I am sure Sonny aka Printficient would give you better pricing, he is a member here.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2012, 05:09:53 PM »
Exactly my findings. At first we thought this is the emulsion we have been looking for but too many issues popped up. Next I will try Xenon products. Do they have a website, tried to google it without any luck.

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. . . .sorry Sonny. . .

I think they make that sh!t in a bathtub. . ..
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2012, 05:23:18 PM »
Lmao Homer. I often wonder why they don't want to invest in marketing or a website. Just doesn't look professional. I did try some Plastofast emulsion from then and had decent results.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2012, 06:09:33 PM »

I think I see the problem.  Jason, you're not supposed to drink it.   :D
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2012, 10:57:17 PM »
Cant find their website anymore but it sucked ^%& big time. Hopefully they are revamping it. Here is a link to their ebay store http://stores.ebay.com/xenonproductsdirect

I am sure Sonny aka Printficient would give you better pricing, he is a member here.

Wow that is a shitty website they have.
http://about.me/www.xenonproducts.com

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2012, 11:00:22 PM »

Based on their website, Facebook page and eBay store you might actually be right with that statement.
Ok back to Chromaline and and Image Mate products.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2012, 11:12:55 PM »

Wow that is a shitty website they have.
http://about.me/www.xenonproducts.com

What's funny is they actually had a slightly better before this one lol.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »
cant believe you are exposing 110 at 70 ltu on a 3140.  I expose for 28 ltu on the same model and at my old shop on an old 3140 I also exposed at 28 ltu.  QTX or Kiwo Discharge, they both expose the same.  Thats odd you need 70 ltu.
We are exposing our 110s on the  3140 for 170LTU otherwise we have problems keeping the stencil on the mesh. That's coated with the round edge 1X2. We change the bulb once a year on our exposure unit. What might make a difference though is the high humidity we have.