Author Topic: Cars for Casa 2012  (Read 3887 times)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Cars for Casa 2012
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 03:34:37 PM »
Nice job. Love the depth. Cool print!
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »
Looks great.  Might of come out a tad better with a darker shade % on that halftone black as you know.  Instead of 10, maybe 15-20 with printing it as was.  It was last right?

Another really good way to handle that is to print that read over top, knock out that halftone from the red by about 20% leaving it at 80% solid. You gotta allow for some black to come trough by printing that black halftone (far heavier than you have it now), under the red. Maybe a 30% halftone of black. ( I expect to use a little more of the darker color since it's going under.  Boy, does that make a nice dark shade of red - not showing any halftones, (but it can get tricky).  Too much can over power it and too little can obliterate it but can be outstanding if done right.  I'm not suggestion you change anything at all. Looks great as it.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Clark

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »
That was one of the first 2-3 shirts that came off the press.  It actually darkened up a percent or two and was as close a match as it could get.  I did run the black last and have done what you have suggested in the past.  You're right it does look good, but there's just something about printing black last that cleans everything up.  Like a highlight white does on many jobs.

Also should add all the art and seps was done in illy.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2012, 04:18:43 PM »
I take back my sparkle comment, that print looks better on the shirt.

Offline Clark

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »
Here's what it is looking like mid run.  You can see it darkened up quite a bit.