Author Topic: New Dark Room  (Read 5807 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Re: New Dark Room
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2012, 01:33:48 PM »
Well I ordered and just received the following:

http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/244/PLAS-T8UVA.html

I just installed them and moved a light switch and redid some wiring and the room is surprisingly bright.  I hope to test some Chromablue with these covers before the end of the week.  I will report back after some testing.  Time to break out the exposure calculator (I hate this as I feel like I am wasting time being non-productive)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 01:38:22 PM »
Yeah those were the ones that I was looking at.

Hey, look at that URL, must be a good product.  ;)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2012, 05:55:31 PM »
I guess so, I didn't even notice that blueness in the URL.  Just finished meshing some 310's so I hope over the next couple of days to start testing the Chromablue.  By the way Gilligan, the surf fishing has been crazy lately so come get you some while the gettin is good!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »
That's the cover we got, but I doubled up on the bulb just to make double sure we are ok.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2012, 06:52:34 PM »
I guess so, I didn't even notice that blueness in the URL.  Just finished meshing some 310's so I hope over the next couple of days to start testing the Chromablue.  By the way Gilligan, the surf fishing has been crazy lately so come get you some while the gettin is good!

Sure you can use that emulsion?  It's not the right color for your shop. :p

Arghhh!  I need to, sure would beat working!  LOL  I just got to get all this work out of the way!

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2012, 07:11:27 PM »
Not the right color emulsion?  Confused.

Yeah, work tends to snuff out the play unless the two collapse into the same category, as seems to be the case for many here - which, I guess, is why they really excel at what they do.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 11:55:29 AM »
Just wanted to say that the amber covers I purchased (see link further up) work great with Chromablue emulsion.  We have cut our exposure times by at least half by switching from UDC2 to Chromablue though we are still fine tuning the times for optimal halftone washout

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2012, 12:09:41 PM »
Just wanted to say that the amber covers I purchased (see link further up) work great with Chromablue emulsion.  We have cut our exposure times by at least half by switching from UDC2 to Chromablue though we are still fine tuning the times for optimal halftone washout

Did you do any extended test... like the coin test or something?

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2012, 05:48:07 PM »
Not sure what the coin test is to be honest.  We used the Chromaline calculator to get close and then just started burning screen after screen with with the same film with halftones until we got the results we were looking for.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2012, 06:25:24 PM »