Author Topic: I'm thinking of going DTS....  (Read 2583 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: I'm thinking of going DTS....
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2012, 08:03:21 AM »
Epson heads are just too small for most applications.  Look at the size of the heads in the Kornit, or many of the wide format digital printers.  They are double or triple the size of epson heads.  The ports are larger and they are built for industrial applications.  Epson print heads work fine...for paper and film it turns out, but both of those are very similar media.

Epson heads tend to clog very quickly too and screen rooms are a pretty clean environment, but they aren't perfect.

Offline mjrprint

Re: I'm thinking of going DTS....
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
We had the 19th IScreen made put into our shop and I personally was headed with implementing it into our production line. We do 150 to 200 screens per day. We also still use some velums. Ask any questions you want and I will answer the best I can. Right now we run a full chest mens in about 2 to 3 minutes on it. We also upgraded from a msp 2140 to the tri-lite when we got the Iscreen. Can expose 4 screens at the same time using 19 light units. When you go DTS you eliminate the need for the vacuum time. I do know that the new i-image is even faster now and I believe produces better detail too.