Author Topic: Why so little ink???  (Read 4080 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Why so little ink???
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 10:46:35 AM »
Ok so I have been printing on my auto for over a year and I am getting really good at it. I understand how things work. I get the OEM thing.

Hey, Jon.
I'm getting a bit confused here. As a newbie, I do not know all the terms.
Did you mean EOM instead of OEM? (Emulsion over mesh)

If not, what is the OEM?

Thanks

99% positive that was a typo or sorts.

Offline aauusa

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 10:49:10 AM »

I think maybe the under base was not flashed long enough and I had too much pressure on the print. The screen was sticking to the print a little but nothing crazy. Could that be it. I can't imagine it is. I have printed colors on top of unflashed under bases and still had enough ink lay down to cover.
[/quote]

I think this is the problem.   I would start here first and make sure the UB is flash correctly.  I have seen this in my sho before as well.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 11:21:58 AM »
I probably should not be responding since I'm not auto, but I do use Union Ultrasoft inks. 

Wondering why anything is being added to the ink since Ultrasoft is plenty fluid and runny without any help.  Sometimes it just falls off the blade sometimes making it hard to gather up ink for flood or next stroke. 

Could it be too much pressure is being applied instead of not enough and is resulting in a lighter lay down due to too runny overall? 

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 12:26:44 PM »
I think it's time to show pictures of the issue.  WE WANT PICTS!  :)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 01:36:36 PM »
Wow guys thanks for all the input. I took the job down so I can't really play with it and see what fixes the issue. I think the underbase was not flashed long enough at first. I have been working twice as many hours as normal and am more burned out than normal. I am sure I missed a ton of signs. OEM = EOM sorry, again just tired. I didn't add anything to the top colors just ran 2 ultrasoft inks and one Mixo ink that was thinned down with Softhand to make it a ultrasoft ink (50% soft hand to a Mixo ink makes it a Ultrasoft ink.) Maybe not the best mesh choice but I did 230 underbase then 200 for the top colors and a 230 for highlight white. I will try to get some pics. I have a 140, 250, 900 and a 1000 still to do so I may not get back to this for a day or two.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 03:55:35 PM »
Oh man,  you busted our bubble.  :'(    We were sure we were going to solve this. 8)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850