Author Topic: this is the design with the white glare im trying to recreate  (Read 4888 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: this is the design with the white glare im trying to recreate
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 10:42:45 AM »
a couple of things.
first off, it sounds like your underbase is the beginning of your too heavy ink deposit. You don't want it solid. One pass on a 160 or higher should suffice.
Is a ten screen set-up for only 36 shirts even practical? Along with charges for art creation/separation, this job must cost quite a bit.

Without additional nuisance charges built into pricing guidelines, many shops stick with a one screen per dozen model.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 11:36:16 AM »
I dont think the design warrants 4cp anyways this could easily be accomplished with a very light soft underbase using the underbase also as part of the tonal look and two or three colors over the top.
"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »
As spots, I see a minimum of four;
ub, blue, red, and highlight white.
That outline can not be well served as a translucent white underbase.
Then, depending on what blues they require, it may be two different blue screens.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 11:16:48 AM »
had to turn away the job..I ruined 9 shirts in attempting to print last night....i'll just replace the shirts I ruined and give them back to the client and point them to someone with more experience and an automatic. Kinda bumbed too because I had to buy a sleeve pallet for the job, which this job would have paid for...but oh well..i'll have to wait on another job to pay for it....so thats 2 jobs in a row i crashed and burned on.
Mark

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 11:23:24 AM »
man i wish i was this earlier, i could have banged this out easy for you in corel. never never never turn a print job away at the least sub it out. ;D

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 11:23:54 AM »
Hate to say it but the money you lost could have paid for someone to sep it for printing, they also would have provided instructions on all the screens and colors etc.
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »
Mark, how long have you been printing that should have been simple job unlees you are a spot color printer which where the bread and butter of most printing is anyway.  I agreed with the rest never turn down a job or except and tell the custy you can't do it afterwards just seems to business for ya, you how bad news travel LOL.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »
well the customer is one of my very best friends...so its cool ....and I am a novice at CYMK...this was my first go at it....and I did send an email, phone call and text  Dot Tone Dan BEFORE i started printing last night because i kind of knew where the job was headed...i sent him all the files and info. I am waiting for him to contact me..im sure he is swamped with work...my buddy is going to attempt to buy us some more time but I don't know if he can ....he wants me to do it and I want me to do it...its the time issue..the shirts are already 2 weeks late as it is (1 week being because of me trying to get it sep'ed & printed correctly..this was my second attempt at printing them....the first time around the magenta sep needed to be tweaked,,had to redo it)...its just all a cluster of screw ups. I figure If I get some more time I can pay Dan to sep for me and have perfect spot color or simulated seps which would make the job less of a pain in a$$ for me...CYMK for that image was a joke for someone like me with zero cymk experience! I did everything wrong...too much squegee pressure....wrong color order...underbase to thick....just one mishap after another....it got so bad i walked away from it with 2 shirts still onmy press with underbase only hahahah...i figured "whats the point?? im ruining every shirt as it is...why keep going...i need ot regroup OR pass on the job..and no time to regroup...they wanted the shirts 2 weeks ago"...with that thought i closed up my shop and went home...I was wasting time and money...i got to my shop 9:30....i left at midnight and i had 6 shirts printed and ruined and 2 with underbases....it was a horrible evening...the ONLY one that came out great was the sample shirt i did on one of my left over shirts from another job...came out excellent..i figured i was on my way to greatness....and i dont know what went wrong..they just started coming out horrible....then i began fighting it...then the frustration kicked in.

But i dont want my buddy to ruin his contact with the customer so I told him he needs to take it to someone that knows more about when they are doing and have them knock it out quickly...im costing him money and a possible client....so between the sleeve pallet i had to buy and the shirts i had to replace im in $200 hahahahaha.........breaks of the game sometimes.

if he calls back and says we have more time....then i'll gladly paying Dot Tone for the seps....take a deep breath and print them correctly.
Mark

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 02:32:02 PM »
Hi Mark,

I have been busy and didn't read this one till today. I have not received a call, text or email from you. Apparently you are a new customer and I don't have your info in my contacts but still have not received anything from this email address. mherring27@cox.net

My email address is dottonedan@cfl.rr.com My phone is 407-922-0664

Thanks
Dan

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 03:02:31 PM »
Hi Mark,

I have been busy and didn't read this one till today. I have not received a call, text or email from you. Apparently you are a new customer and I don't have your info in my contacts but still have not received anything from this email address. mherring27@cox.net

My email address is dottonedan@cfl.rr.com My phone is 407-922-0664

Thanks
Dan

yesterday evening at 6:30pm central time i called and left a message...then texted right after...and for email I sent you the message to your facebook address.......and i am right now looking at my cell phone log to make sure i got your number right and i see i put an extra "2" in the number (oops)...so you wouldnt have gotten my call or text.....but thats odd because it did go to a voicemail...thats weird....i dialed 40792220664

In any case you should have the facebook email.
Mark

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »
just to chime in, the customer would be paying a fortune to get just 36, both sides, and it's still not really worth it. For that few, I'd see about DTG. I think AIR Conway would be around $3.50 or so per side, no screens. Here, we get 1 dozen per color per location for contract work, so at least 8 dozen. Under that, and it's $0.50 per color extra, or $4.00 per shirt on top of the 36 pricing. Don't work all night for nothing.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't