Author Topic: Can someone convert this PSD file into something I can open in Corel X4?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Normally I have no problems opening PSD files. This one crashes the program. Also I tried attaching it here but even in a zip file its too large. Could I email someone with it?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Sent PM
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Normally I have no problems opening PSD files. This one crashes the program. Also I tried attaching it here but even in a zip file its too large. Could I email someone with it?

You pulled a Gilligan again Gerry. ;)

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Did you try opening it in Photo Paint?....

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Yeah it crashed photo paint as well.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
How do you plan to deal with it in CorelDRAW? You can't sep it there.

Do you know for a fact that it even opens in PS?
If so, perhaps, someone can open it in Photoshop and see if it's in channels in which case, I think that each channel could be saved as it's own file which may import without crashing. That's how I often output my PS stuff.

I can't promise that I have the time or skill to work on it, but I can try to open it and at least assess it a bit. Send it on over
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Yes.  Opened fine in PS.  I think Gerry is trying to open the .PSD in Corel.  My Corel will open it but the graphics are way off.  Opened it in PS and saved out as .eps and it opens fine in Corel.  Sent to Gerry.

I could save out each Layer as a separate .eps to open in Corel.  I don't know what his next step is, but I'll see what Gerry wants to do.

Ahhhh, no can do that after all.  The layers are more complex than that.  One layer has text with a colored drop shadow and Bevel/emboss.  Another has a gradient overlay and Inner Shadow....yuch.  he may have to work with the colors and sep it out in Corel.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:27:42 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
What my customer wants is some shirts DTG'd, some business cards, some window perf for his truck and then see if we can knock his logo down to 2 colors to screen print some giveaway shirts.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Yes.  Opened fine in PS.  I think Gerry is trying to open the .PSD in Corel.  My Corel will open it but the graphics are way off.  Opened it in PS and saved out as .eps and it opens fine in Corel.  Sent to Gerry.

I could save out each Layer as a separate .eps to open in Corel.  I don't know what his next step is, but I'll see what Gerry wants to do.

Ahhhh, no can do that after all.  The layers are more complex than that.  One layer has text with a colored drop shadow and Bevel/emboss.  Another has a gradient overlay and Inner Shadow....yuch.  he may have to work with the colors and sep it out in Corel.

You'd have to rasterize each layer, a pain. It's best to do this in PS, since it was created there.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't