Author Topic: Sericol TexCharge  (Read 4359 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Re: Sericol TexCharge
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 01:16:04 AM »
Atlas Screen Supply actually sells the Texcharge in qts.

Paint dispensers, just make sure you clean the nozzle tips faithfully or it will be just as bad with clumps and what not on them. And also those tops on the paint dispensers are not air tight so I dont know how that will affect WB pigment. Most paint dealers use a glycol pigment that does not readily dry up.

Great point with the seals up top.  I'll rig them up with a seal and clamp combo.  Both sericol and cci have a mix of glycol and stoddard solvent I believe.  The stoddard will cause dry out for sure.  I planned on having to wipe the nozzles with a little tw cleaner or the like before dispensing and sacrificing the first bit's of ink onto a rag before dispensing.  I'm cautiously optimistic they'll work. The mixing blade in each container is exactly what I wanted so I hope it does work out.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Sericol TexCharge
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 01:55:20 AM »
One other issue I see with this Zoo is that as you use the pigment and the volume of pigment goes down in the canisters is you may have pigment drying on the sides and the blades and cause some issues either with clogging or dried pigment being dispensed. I know that some paint manufacturers have switched to water based pigments and they have alot of R&D poured into the dispensing machines. Some have humidifiers to keep things wet and cappers on the nozzles that have a wet sponge on them to keep from drying and it still has issues. So before you fill that whole thing maybe try it out with one pigment for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 02:51:02 AM »
Oh yeah, going to start with one and see how it goes.  If the Sericol RFUs are what we go with, it may work out.  We'll simply keep the canisters topped off fully and spritz some distilled water in there regularly.  For PCs it would likely be problematic although, if the nozzles can let WFX plastisol PCs pass through I'll most definitely use them for those. 

That is ominous to hear that the paint mfg's are having a hard time keeping nozzles clean with WB though. My thoughts were that if the nozzle keeps the ink from dripping it should be stopping air from getting in but maybe not.  Also, I'd imagine a lot of the paint dispensers are being run by Lowes or Home Depot employees and the like who may not be paying attention to the upkeep of them, I might not be so inclined to make the extra effort if I was working for a box store. 

I'm going to give it a solid try since we have the one in the pic and also a dandy set of them on a carousel dispenser.  If it fails we'll have to settle for squirt bottles and lots of shaking I suppose. 

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 03:00:33 AM »
The paint dispensers that are having the most success with water bases pigments have a suck back feature that after the pigment is dispensed it sucks it back into the tube and then the wet sponge covers the nozzle tip to keep it moist. The dispensers in most Lowe's and Home Depots are all using glycol colorants so they don't have the drying issues.