Author Topic: Newmans and Nuarc 40-1K  (Read 5609 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Newmans and Nuarc 40-1K
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 12:46:28 PM »
Now I see why everybody raves about M&R customer service and support :)

Thank you Ron for getting back to me with the dimensions and specs.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 02:47:20 PM »
+1 the level comments, for sure.  After a retension, they go on the glass to double check level.
Keep an eye out for Formica countertops that are getting scrapped.  It's unlikely you'll have to pay for it, and the couple I've used for stretching were quite level.

I've been looking for a very cheap/free chunk of plate steel or granite countertop for years... but no dice.   >:(

You can make a torsion box from wood that will be just as flat and you can pick it up and slide it under the table when you're done with it or just build a base of it and you have a great table as well.

Double check you bolt torque and that will help post stretch rack as well.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »

I've been looking for a very cheap/free chunk of plate steel or granite countertop for years... but no dice.   >:(

I suppose its unlikely that you would be near san diego, ca?  ;)
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 10:25:46 PM »
Do what I did - go to the local marble counter top place and ask for a scrap piece of 1" thick marble a couple inches bigger than your outside frame dimensions. I think I paid $5.

Best surface for flattening roller frames aside from a Roller Master table.

And it looks classy.

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 10:54:22 AM »
I guess I've been too busy lately, the last bit of this thread went right under my radar--thanks for the suggestions guys. 

J-A torsion box would be a fun project.    I'll probably rebuild the top of the table I'm using now as such if I don't stumble across anything cheap and heavy duty--between orders, riding, and trying to homebrew (actual brew,) haven't had much time to homebrew shop stuff lately.  The table I use is pretty good, it's only really off when I push the tension with low mesh on M3's.

Nick-Yeah...Probably about as unlikely as you being near Denver.   ;)

Evo--this is what I was envisioning.  I have been going by the re-source center looking for this stuff, never even crossed my mind that a three foot section would be 'scrap', but to them I suppose it is.  Indeed, it does look classy.    :)

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 11:14:09 AM »
haha yeah i figured as much, but even still, if you do ever make it this way, ive got a piece of granite here, id even cut it to size for ya. ;)
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283