Author Topic: Rutland HSA ?  (Read 5087 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: Rutland HSA ?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 01:23:10 PM »
....... ...However, in regards to silicone printing with Nazdar we did a ton of testing with it and yes it was awesome stuff but we had to scrap it due to actually getting the ink itself. And getting it to adhere to certain substrates, namely Nomex. From my understanding though Nazdar sold the rights and will no longer be offering it. Has anyone else heard that?

Hello Brandon.  Nazdar has NOT sold the rights to the silicone material.  We are still under development (getting closer every day!) before we officially launch the product under our Nazdar SourceOne IMS label.  The primary market for this material is polyester printing (replica football jerseys, performance wear, etc.)  Please stay tuned!   :)

Not intended as a sales pitch, but rather as distributing needed information -- in regards to High Solids Waterbase inks, SourceOne distributes the MagnaColour waterbase line which includes a high solids base.  A key advantage is that one set of 12 Magnamix Pigment Concentrates can be used in any of the Magna bases -- discharge, high solids, specialties, ND extra for lights, etc.  Again, please stay tuned for an official product launch!  We do have inventory and are evaluating market needs.  Please contact your local Nazdar SourceOne sales representative for more information!   :)

Hey Rob,
Awesome. Thank you for the info! I did like printing with the ink and the results we achieved. I was talking to another forum member and mentioned some info to him that was apparently not correct. I do not understand why a major ink rep would tell me that their company purchased the rights from Nazdar. Strange. So any more info on product launch date? Thanks!

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 10:24:56 AM »
Hey Guys,
Just my opinion here but the stuff is really neat. Prints fine from what we have experienced. Granted we do not offer it now as we have more than enough inks with plastisol, water base, discharge, and others. We do not need another and we do not print for Nike. I did have the awesome opportunity to visit a very large shop recently and that is what they print around the clock. The numbers they do a week is staggering. Holy smokes. Tell you what though the prints are smooth and very nice. From my understanding this type of ink would be called "rubber base" in Europe because it does have that smooth, thin hand. Cool and it does have its place for certain designs/substrates but I prefer the water base / discharge "no hand" myself. However, in regards to silicone printing with Nazdar we did a ton of testing with it and yes it was awesome stuff but we had to scrap it due to actually getting the ink itself. And getting it to adhere to certain substrates, namely Nomex. From my understanding though Nazdar sold the rights and will no longer be offering it. Has anyone else heard that?

Brandon;  Don't know where you heard about Nazdar moving away from our partnership with DOW on the Nazdar ImageStar Silicone inks. I'd like to set the record straight and confirm that “Nothing Could Be Further From The Truth.”   Nazdar SourceOne is moving full speed ahead with product development and a market introduction of the Nazdar ImageStar IMS1500 Series Silicone Screen Printing inks.

Over the past several months the SourceOne and DOW Product Management and Development teams have completed a tremendous amount of work in the US and Central American markets working with major printers of performance and pro-sports replica sporting goods with great results. Meeting the requirements of these particular product specifies has required a series a modifications to the inks to achieve optimized printability and productivity in their high production environments.   

The down side of this focus on a small number of high volume users has delayed a full market launch of the ImageStar Silicone inks to the US Specialty Sporting Goods Screen-Print market segment.  On a positive note the product that we will bring to market performs even better than the earlier versions of the product that were extensively beta tested in these applications over the past twelve months.  You can expect a full market roll-out of these products to be completed in the fourth quarter of this year. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 10:29:07 AM by pwalsh »
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 03:52:30 PM »
Hey Peter,
Thank you very much for the info. Again, I am very excited that these inks will see the light of day. I was disappointed when the rep from the other company told me that they purchased the rights and it was going to be another year or two. Thank you for clearing up the issue and have a great weekend!

- Brandon

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »
Nice to hear.  When i had a nazdar rep at our shop, they didnt even know what i was talking about when i asked about this product.
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283