Author Topic: Union Triple Strength CMYK...1st try.  (Read 1581 times)

Offline jasonl

• !!!
Union Triple Strength CMYK...1st try.
« on: July 13, 2012, 03:03:10 PM »
bought it and tested it today,  adjustments needed, but here is what it looks like.

"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Union Triple Strength CMYK...1st try.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 03:10:27 PM »
looks pretty good from here

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
That's pretty flipp' great!  Love it.  Good range of colors. Vibrant etc.

Did you use a single line screen angle or the typical rosette multiple angle thing most try with process?

What line screen is that?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 03:24:18 PM »
22.5 angle, 55lpi

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »
22.5 angle, 55lpi

Jason,

In your opinion what was differant with the Triple strength over the basic CMYK inks. I always feel like my CMYK stuff is too dull like a DTG print. Does the triple strength fix that. Does it lay down more ink? Are they thicker?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 04:13:58 PM »
Sweet!  a prime example of not needing that "rosette" pattern in process printing.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 04:19:14 PM »
22.5 angle, 55lpi

Same here. Nice print!

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 04:22:11 PM »
22.5 angle, 55lpi

Jason,

In your opinion what was differant with the Triple strength over the basic CMYK inks. I always feel like my CMYK stuff is too dull like a DTG print. Does the triple strength fix that. Does it lay down more ink? Are they thicker?

If triple strength was NOT avaiable, I would NOT print cmyk!  I used to use Rutland triple strength about 14 years ago and the quit making it.  Have not touch cmyk since they quit making it.  Now Union and Excalibur make it.  So, I thought I would give it a try.  The colors are way more opaque.  Wilflex cmyk color are SUPER translucent and your prints suffer.  These are still not as good as plastisol but FAR SUPERIOR to regular cmyk.  Thats my spill.

BTW, there is also a Highlight white that prints after the Y.  So it was, Y, White, C, M, K. 

Offline ravenmark

• Verified/Junior
  • Derek
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 01:06:29 AM »
Sweet!  a prime example of not needing that "rosette" pattern in process printing.

Way way back in the day I used to do the offset angles for that rosette pattern, then years ago I switched to single line angles and have always been happy with the results. Been a while since the two of us (jasonl & I )have fooled with CMYK,
the print looked better in person than in the pic I think. I was pretty impressed with the ink.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 08:45:00 AM »

Hey Ravenmark,
Where u been?  Seems like you took a long vacation.

Offline ravenmark

• Verified/Junior
  • Derek
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 10:17:57 AM »
Life has gotten busy my friend, seems like I have to make time for anything now days. lol

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 04:47:08 PM »
I switched and like you will never go back.... that is a nice print....... I have a couple of gallons of the old Cyan and Magenta left for sale since I switched. lol