Author Topic: Let's talk high-volume pressure washers  (Read 904 times)

Offline inkbrigade

Let's talk high-volume pressure washers
« on: June 25, 2012, 01:34:57 PM »
Currently we have a 1700 PSI pressure washer from Northern tool. It's a 110 V and works fine.

I'd like our reclaim process to go faster though. So were looking at getting a new pressure washer.

I'd like to get the most heavy duty one we can without going over the top and popping our mesh.

I'm thinking maybe a little more PSI but I think mostly if we can get more gallons per minute of water that would speed things up.

Is anybody here using a 220 V or a three-phase pressure washer?

What kind of specs are you guys running and has it made a difference?

-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: Let's talk high-volume pressure washers
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 02:06:02 PM »
we use a Landa SEA4 pressure washer.

its 208v single phase, belt driven, and can supply two washer wands.

we dont use the full 2000psi - maybe a bit over 1000 ?

its a tank - we bought it in 2003 - same pump, motor etc. 

its pricy, but you can find them used for a third of what they cost new.

i think the most important thing to look for is a belt driven one - the pumps run much slower (maybe 900 rpm) which equals less heat.  we have two 3750 rpm direct drive pressure washers - ive had to replace the pump on those before.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 02:13:26 PM »
how many GPM on the 1700psi unit?

The way you tell how good they are is multiply the GPM by the PSI and you get cleaning units.

The higher the cleaning unit, the faster the screens go.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 02:46:29 PM »
@ Mk62(brad)  I have a 1400 and it spupplies 1.4 gpm so I,m thinking a 1700 should be 2 something gpm.  The wand (sprayer tip) makes a big differents on your washers some wands are crap and just don't give what you need to really clean your screens.  So for me now I'll look for a better wand and 1400 to 1700 should be the ticket.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 03:24:47 PM »
I've got a 1500 psi at 2 GPM, it does a great job.  The really high pressure/ low volume ones don't really to that great a job because you are sweeping things away fast enough, the extra volume really helps push emulsion out.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 03:44:25 PM »
inkbrigade,

I have that same unit. I agree with you that more flow would help but I am not sure if it would be enough to get a new set up.  How many screen are you cleaning an hour now?

I think changing other parts of your cleaning process will save more time than just more pressure or volume. I used to clean 15 to 20 screens (autos) an hour with the same pressure washer. I have someone else doing the cleaning now but they do 10 to 15 and hour.

Do you use a dip tank? How do you clean your screens?