Author Topic: What music gets the shop rockin and the shirts falling out of the dryer?  (Read 12332 times)

Offline jasonl

• !!!
Carlin has some seriously great stuff out there.   I keep scoring his records at the thrift stores around here for next to nothing.

Nobody's rocking Slayer, Fugazi, Moistboyz, Beck, Zappa, KRS-One, Ween, or the Melvins?   I don't know if I can believe that...

I totally rock Fugazi, and the previous Minor Threat.  Beck and KRS One are always on my playlist.  Since we are giving out cool points.  50 to you!
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Carlin has some seriously great stuff out there.   I keep scoring his records at the thrift stores around here for next to nothing.

Nobody's rocking Slayer, Fugazi, Moistboyz, Beck, Zappa, KRS-One, Ween, or the Melvins?   I don't know if I can believe that...

I totally rock Fugazi, and the previous Minor Threat.  Beck and KRS One are always on my playlist.  Since we are giving out cool points.  50 to you!

Since we are throwing around points here 1000 to you sir for Minor Threat!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Pretty much anything but a lot of rap and alternative. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Good call--Minor Threat totally offsets the Oasis.   ;)   How about Joy Division, Black Flag, and the Dead Kennedys?   I still laugh when I hear the track "My Payola".... 

And I think I'd be at home listening to Gerry's collection--although I listen to the funk and R&B part of my collection more to kick back and relax.  A little Roy Ayers, Ohio Players, maybe some Sly, or Graham Central Station?   I have to admit though, ever since I saw Ziggy Marley doing a Cover Girl commercial, I can't really  handle him... Bob, Stephen, Damien, sure.  Ziggy... nope.  I really dig "Scratch", Augustus Pablo, King Tubby, Sly and Robbie, Rockers, and that whole crew as well...  wish I could find more of it.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Good call--Minor Threat totally offsets the Oasis.   ;)   How about Joy Division, Black Flag, and the Dead Kennedys?   I still laugh when I hear the track "My Payola".... 

And I think I'd be at home listening to Gerry's collection--although I listen to the funk and R&B part of my collection more to kick back and relax.  A little Roy Ayers, Ohio Players, maybe some Sly, or Graham Central Station?   I have to admit though, ever since I saw Ziggy Marley doing a Cover Girl commercial, I can't really  handle him... Bob, Stephen, Damien, sure.  Ziggy... nope.  I really dig "Scratch", Augustus Pablo, King Tubby, Sly and Robbie, Rockers, and that whole crew as well...  wish I could find more of it.
Whats funny is printing is relaxing to me. I guess I am backwards like that. I get to anxious sitting at home. Hey how about Bootsy Collins doing that Old Navy commercial lol! I think it was old navy.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member

DK and Black Flag? Now your talking my language , I'll go even deeper with 7 Seconds, Gorilla Biscuits, CIV ,Youth Of Today, Angry Samoans, Dead Mikmen, The Decendents and Regan Youth, these were all life changing bands when I was 13 and getting into skateboarding.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:27:52 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline jasonl

• !!!
Descendents was the soundtrack to my high school years.  "two things at once" was my favorite! 

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Descendents was the soundtrack to my high school years.  "two things at once" was my favorite!

That was middle school for me,HS was Jawbreaker, Face to Face and Propagandhi.

If your ever board check out my crappy band, we play music that inspired us in our HS years http://stolenbikes.bandcamp.com/track/fat
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:00:03 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
The Black Keys, Jack White, Silversun Pickups, Band of Skulls, Band of Horses, Led Zep, Jethro Tull, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Real Estate, Cold War Kids, Miike Snow, Alkaline Trio, Bad Religion, Gaslight Anthem, Bruce, Frankie, Dean Martin, The Black Crowes, Elliott Smith, Foo Fighters, Manchester Orchestra, My Morning Jacket, Mumford and Sons, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Portugal. The Man, The Avett Brothers.

Offline jasonl

• !!!
The Black Keys, Jack White, Silversun Pickups, Band of Skulls, Band of Horses, Led Zep, Jethro Tull, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Real Estate, Cold War Kids, Miike Snow, Alkaline Trio, Bad Religion, Gaslight Anthem, Bruce, Frankie, Dean Martin, The Black Crowes, Elliott Smith, Foo Fighters, Manchester Orchestra, My Morning Jacket, Mumford and Sons, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Portugal. The Man, The Avett Brothers.

Cool list, Manchester Orchestra are from a few miles down south of where I live, I met them a couple of times when the were on the Kings of Leon tour.  They were little kids it seemed like.  I have been rocking the Mumford and Sons lately too!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
You guys are gonna eat me up and spit me out, but at this very moment, I am listening to Cheap Trick Live At Budakan (on vinyl)

Thing is, just as with my mp3's, on vinyl I usually play a few individual tracks. A lot of albums do not stand up from the first to the last track for me.

Okay, solved that problem with a "best of" album up next. Elvis Costello and the Attractions.

I'm really stoked about seeing the A's new rookie kid win the game with a walk-off to my oldie soundtrack.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:16:44 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jasonl

• !!!
Not a big Costello fan, but my wife's name is Alyson, so guess which song I learned on guitar?

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Veronica?  ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jasonl

• !!!
HA!

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.

Cool list, Manchester Orchestra are from a few miles down south of where I live, I met them a couple of times when the were on the Kings of Leon tour.  They were little kids it seemed like.  I have been rocking the Mumford and Sons lately too!

Thanks. I've seen them a couple of times, they sound great live. I'm seeing The Black Keys and Jack White at the end of July at the Firefly Festival in Delaware. Can't wait for that. If you're into Mumford, give The Avett Brothers a listen.