Author Topic: This is crazy!  (Read 4702 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: This is crazy!
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 05:25:21 PM »
Or with limited space. I think the only option for me would be shurloc ez frames due to only the small tool required to stretch a frame.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 10:01:20 PM »
I love rollers, but I also love having screens that weigh 1/2 to 1/3 as much as they do...

I concur.  I do think stretching your own statics is probably a false economy though for the time/space/skills needed. 

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 10:00:57 AM »
I was thinking I should have elaborated on the statement anyway--for those running a screen stock of twenty to forty screens or so, it's not likely a good idea.
I'd agree that perhaps with the skills, and time involved (those factors very closely related, for certain,) it would be difficult for many. 

Oh, and Gerry--I stretch on the same table I load off of for the auto--and the tools take up very little room.  Although it's not even close to the best solution, it's a very space-efficient one.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 11:38:48 AM »
Or with limited space. I think the only option for me would be shurloc ez frames due to only the small tool required to stretch a frame.

I am not sure that EZ frames take less space . .  you need to have a big flat surface to lay the screen on and the holding bar has to be permanently be mounted on it. We end up putting the films in that area, but when we need to stretch everything needs to come off. A stretching table is probably about the same size as the space needed for the EZ frames.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!