Author Topic: What's in your dip tank  (Read 4331 times)

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
Re: What's in your dip tank
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 05:55:02 PM »
I'd say we ran around 1,000 screens before we cleaned out the tank, maybe more maybe less. Anyways, here's what we dug out today..

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 07:51:49 PM »
...on a whim, I tried just mixing in a pound container of reclaim crystals (used to be about $35) into my 14G gal with water, and it worked just fine. Way cheaper, needless to say. All that drivel about "a little bit of surfactant to loosen the ink a bit" is nonsense, I think (or a way to sell and ship you water, essentially).

...Trouble is, now the reclaiming crystals are nearly impossible to come by. My supplier first tripled the price, then quit carrying it entirely. My rep said it had something to do with sodium metaperiodate being used to somehow combat radiation in Japan, where the earthquake/tsunami caused all that trouble at the nuclear plant there.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 08:37:12 PM »
Didn`t you hear, the final report about the nuclear meltdown here in Japan states that the accident was mainly due to human error. Which is very convenient considering the government is about to restart some reactors again. Anyway let`s hope that we won`t have any more meltdowns and that those reclaim crystals wil be back in stock soon.