Author Topic: Miami screen supply ink  (Read 24073 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Miami screen supply ink
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »

You can't seem to add today or know your geography! Go ahead and watch you might learn too! ;)

Actually, the initial error for which I donned the dunce cap was multiplication.

As for my state faux pas, sorry Idaho.

Look, I thought that I was clear. A high quality, low priced ink from an upstanding guy in Florida has little to do with your lack of credibility in the eyes of those who watched your shameful behavior when on the Spider team.
Now, we know, and I even mentioned it to you when you were permitted to join under your now persona, that we don't dwell on that drama and negativity here, but, your past is what it is, and my statements stand.
Hey, I know that people can turn around, but I wasn't crazy about hiring a bunch of ex Nazis to help get us into space back in the day either, but it is what it is.
Please prove me wrong over the next few years, and I may even let you buy me a beer, (or a good tequila).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:37:57 AM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline pushing ink

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 11:46:03 AM »

You can't seem to add today or know your geography! Go ahead and watch you might learn too! ;)

Actually, the initial error for which I donned the dunce cap was multiplication.

Look, I thought that I was clear. A high quality, low priced ink from an upstanding guy in Florida has little to do with your lack of credibility in the eyes of those who watched your shameful behavior when on the Spider team.
Now, we know, and I even mentioned it to you when you were permitted to join under your now persona, that we don't dwell on that drama and negativity here, but, your past is what it is, and my statements stand.
Hey, I know that people can turn around, but I wasn't crazy about hiring a bunch of Nazis to help get us into space back in the day either, but it is what it is.
Please prove me wrong over the next few years, and I may even let you buy me a beer, (or a good tequila).

Frog you clearly have a beef, Me this is just entertainment! I could care less proving you wrong. Prove me wrong and get busy buying autos and stop acting like a child . You are clearly a spectator in this business and not a player, that is a shame all these years in this game and you can't drop the squeegee and auto up.

Did you forget that this site spammed me to join! Those that can do and those that can't become frogs

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 12:11:25 PM »
Actually Andy is at exactly where he wants to be in his business at his age. You can never fault a person for that.

As for the ink I already went ahead and ordered a fiver will let know what I think.
"No man is an island"

Offline pushing ink

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 12:14:48 PM »
Actually Andy is at exactly where he wants to be in his business at his age. You can never fault a person for that.

As for the ink I already went ahead and ordered a fiver will let know what I think.

Inkman,  I hope the Smooth White works for you!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »
[
Frog you clearly have a beef, Me this is just entertainment! I could care less proving you wrong. Prove me wrong and get busy buying autos and stop acting like a child . You are clearly a spectator in this business and not a player, that is a shame all these years in this game and you can't drop the squeegee and auto up.

Did you forget that this site spammed me to join! Those that can do and those that can't become frogs

It appears that Inkman helped me out a bit while these old fingers were typing (and making coffee, and getting breakfast ready for the wife) but here it is anyway

Jeff, do you know who you sound like right about now?

There was a self proclaimed industry guru who on TSPMB railed on about the status quo, and anyone who disagreed was trying to hinder the industry. A few years later, on another forum or two it was anyone not buying his presses was embracing old technology. Some bit.
Then, it was anyone who didn't have a large automated shop with a large crew was insignificant and had no credibility, and lost the right to have differing views. When it came to specific equipment technological issues, I could see that up to a point.
Do not confuse me with some others who went toe to toe with him elsewhere in machine related arguments. I am who I am. I do not misrepresent myself, or try to build myself up to impress.
You are on a very short list of anyone deserving this explanation, but from the first time my story came out on TSPMB, I made it clear that I was and am happy to be a tiny operation, with absolutely no intention or desire to grow from my planned size. I also don't intend to do this much longer.
I, in fact, am hoping to be able to devote  even more time running a forum to help provide help to those just starting out, those on the way up, and those with huge operations as well
And if there are any out there with similar small business plans as me, they are welcome as well.
Now, if all they want is what you consider entertainment, we can link them elsewhere.
We aim to please.  ;D

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:36:07 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 12:24:52 PM »

Hey, I know that people can turn around, but I wasn't crazy about hiring a bunch of Nazis to help get us into space back in the day either, but it is what it is.

And what constitutes one being a player in the game of screen printing?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Miami Screen Print Supply

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 12:30:52 PM »
Hello everyone,

WOW, I would like to thank anyone who has posted about my company or my products. I do truly appreciate all the support!
If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me directly anytime.

Regards,

Kevin Fleury
Miami Screen Print Supply
5608 NW 161St Miami Gardens Fl, 33014
Phone: (305) 622-7532
kevin@miamiscreenprint.com

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 12:38:46 PM »
For anyone using "Smooth White" are you printing straight from the bucket or are you using any additives (Reducer, Fashion Base ect...)?
Also what where you useing prior to MSS Smooth White?  Just want to compare to what I may have tried in the past. 

I'm currently trying a sample on smaller orders, and it is a little thicker than what I currently use (OS FF LB WHITE).

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 12:45:05 PM »
Currently using Wilflex extreme white for an every day white, but for the rising cost versus the performance it does not make sense any more. I used to be a die hard union white user and some where along the way their whites stopped performing as advertised, I am not sure if all this is due to the phalate changes or changes in the raw materials market but white inks seems to be suffering. Just last week I bought a gallon of brandywine standard print ink wilfex and it cost $119 I was floored!
"No man is an island"

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »
Currently using Wilflex extreme white for an every day white, but for the rising cost versus the performance it does not make sense any more. I used to be a die hard union white user and some where along the way their whites stopped performing as advertised, I am not sure if all this is due to the phalate changes or changes in the raw materials market but white inks seems to be suffering. Just last week I bought a gallon of brandywine standard print ink wilfex and it cost $119 I was floored!

Try MSS colors I'm very pleased with what we've used thus far.  We were using wilflex for our colors never had any issues but the price is starting to get out of hand. 

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 02:42:44 PM »
Jeff turned us onto the Smooth White which we ran directly against Epic White and Bright Tiger with great results. I started some jobs with the Epic and switched the the Smooth part way through and couldn't see a difference between the two. We have burned through at least 4 gallons of the stuff so far in the past month, still happy with it. With the Wilflex prices going up it was a no brainer for us. We also have put the Miami Ink Light Royal and Russel Grey against the same Epic colors and can tell no difference between the two except the price.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 02:50:10 PM »
May have to try this when I need more white.  I think we are paying about double for wilflex. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 02:51:42 PM »
i really love the white ink from OneStroke, but I hate the price.  I think a 5er is around $400 now.  Their EJ special white auto is really good stuff. 

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 03:05:12 PM »
Is it just Nazdar or are quarts a dieing breed? I used to always be able to buy a quart of something I will rarely use. For instance the brandywine I needed less than a quart but Nazdar only sells gallons.

Same with 4cp inks, we only do so little of this a year and I hate the way 4cp inks after sitting for years on the shelf I prefer to buy them on an as needed basis yet not with Wilflex or Nazdar.
"No man is an island"

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012, 03:31:27 PM »
Not to derail the thread but we were getting quarts from an outfit up around Boston but found in the long run a mixing system paid for itself with just a few jobs. We just mix what we need.