Author Topic: Miami screen supply ink  (Read 23711 times)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Miami screen supply ink
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 03:54:27 PM »
A mixing system is a no brainer if your doing any type of volume.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 03:58:28 PM »
I think we do enough volume now, pushing 200,000 on our just over a year old press, but for some reason a mixing system is a hard sell to the owner here. Just gonna have to keep trying he will fold eventually.
"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
Is it just Nazdar or are quarts a dieing breed? I used to always be able to buy a quart of something I will rarely use. For instance the brandywine I needed less than a quart but Nazdar only sells gallons.

Same with 4cp inks, we only do so little of this a year and I hate the way 4cp inks after sitting for years on the shelf I prefer to buy them on an as needed basis yet not with Wilflex or Nazdar.

I think that with Wilflex, quarts aren't happening. I still sometimes get them from IC and Union, and with some colors, yes, even a quart can last me a long time, especially when whacked another 100% with base, but of course, I'm small time.  ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline pushing ink

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 05:26:02 PM »
Is it just Nazdar or are quarts a dieing breed? I used to always be able to buy a quart of something I will rarely use. For instance the brandywine I needed less than a quart but Nazdar only sells gallons.

Same with 4cp inks, we only do so little of this a year and I hate the way 4cp inks after sitting for years on the shelf I prefer to buy them on an as needed basis yet not with Wilflex or Nazdar.

I think that with Wilflex, quarts aren't happening. I still sometimes get them from IC and Union, and with some colors, yes, even a quart can last me a long time, especially when whacked another 100% with base, but of course, I'm small time.  ;D

I think Kevin would fill up some baby food jars if you sent them to him ;)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 05:44:36 PM »
Damn, had an impromptu trip to the doctor and this thread has gotten some legs.  I've used every white ink from wilflex, union, QCM, One Stroke, Rutland, Triangle and at least a half dozen from some smaller operations over the last 2 years which it may look like I'm bragging but I'm actually not proud of that fact.  But I observed the performance of these inks a lot closer than most shops do when trying out a new ink and the main reason I've used so many different whites is I'm very picky and demanding of it.  I think the smooth is going to be the most popular of the two that MSS has but I like the little extra opacity of the superior.  It's thicker but we don't have any issues printing with very little pressure like we normally do and I don't think it takes any real increase in print pressure over the smooth.  So I'd recommend some of you guys to try it after you've tried the smooth.

If someone out there has tried the smooth or superior and didn't like it I would be intrigued as to why.  I know that conditions and variables can change the performance of some of the products we use but I think there is still some things we could learn by sharing that kind of info.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 05:51:07 PM »
what about puh-thah-puh-thalate content of the inks?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »
I am with you Alan I am particular about my whites and have tried basically all of them. Usually when I get a new white in shop I will load up a screen with my normal white print a few then clean it out add the new ink and print a few and check comparisons, make adjustments if ness scary for the new white and check again.

Damn just realized I am six away from one thousand posts, actually five now. Isn't there something. Special at 1,000?
"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2012, 06:10:54 PM »
You get to buy a round

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2012, 06:46:41 PM »
Damn just realized I am six away from one thousand posts, actually five now. Isn't there something. Special at 1,000?

Pussy. ;)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2012, 07:09:23 PM »

Pussy. ;)

The way I see a high post count is one of to things, a well experiences seasoned guru that advises the masses or a newbie brand new in the industry with a ton of questions, guess which one you fill the bill with prick 8)
"No man is an island"

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2012, 07:15:24 PM »

Pussy. ;)

The way I see a high post count is one of to things, a well experiences seasoned guru that advises the masses or a ...

I trailed off towards the end but from what I was able to pay attention to, you are WAY too kind and generous... thanks! ;)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2012, 07:41:23 PM »
Mike have your boss do an analysis of your ink cost. Get your supplier to provide you with a cost breakdown and show him the difference. You are flushing money down the toilet.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline islandtees

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2012, 08:09:16 PM »
We have started using the smooth white. At first, the guys thought it was to thick(something wrong with the ink?) I gave them a call and they sent a small sample to compare to the 5 gallon pail we have. Same thickness, no problems. Our previous white we used was thinner so we were not used to it.
 Now my thoughts.
 We run a 12 color auto and a 6 color manual. On the auto this ink is great. It shears well, doesnt climb the squeege and you dont have to reduce it. We have the smooth white. It works great as a underbase and has good opacity as a stand alone or highlight.
It flashes fast which is something we need on the auto even using quartz flashes.
The price is really good compared to other whites. If they can give that price for 5 gallons why cant other companies? Makes you wonder how your getting robbed on those expensive whites. If this white continues to impress we may get rid of our other whites and have just one white for everything. The ink is that good.

Offline pushing ink

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »
We have started using the smooth white. At first, the guys thought it was to thick(something wrong with the ink?) I gave them a call and they sent a small sample to compare to the 5 gallon pail we have. Same thickness, no problems. Our previous white we used was thinner so we were not used to it.
 Now my thoughts.
 We run a 12 color auto and a 6 color manual. On the auto this ink is great. It shears well, doesnt climb the squeege and you dont have to reduce it. We have the smooth white. It works great as a underbase and has good opacity as a stand alone or highlight.
It flashes fast which is something we need on the auto even using quartz flashes.
The price is really good compared to other whites. If they can give that price for 5 gallons why cant other companies? Makes you wonder how your getting robbed on those expensive whites. If this white continues to impress we may get rid of our other whites and have just one white for everything. The ink is that good.

I have been using kevin's ink for over 7 years and it has been good for our business! We use 99.9% of miami screen print ink. The black is 132.50 a five gallon.

If you want to save money and make more money use Miami Screen Print inks.. they are that good!!

Kevin, can you send Frog a baby jar full of Smooth White?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2012, 09:06:03 PM »
I'm sure that he will send me a much larger sample if I requested it, as he seems a stand-up guy, and apparently is just stuck with you as a fan. ;D

Interestingly, a local Rutland distributor, in fact, insisted on sending me a full gallon of each Streetfighter, as they fear that small samples, especially with new CPSIA formulations, are more susceptible to temperature conditions sometimes encountered in shipping. With Kevin's inks, from Florida in the summer, this could get interesting.

btw, both cotton and low bleed seen like good inks. I don't have a price for you to compare, but I believe that I was told less than $40.