Author Topic: Emusion dispenser  (Read 4936 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Emusion dispenser
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 10:42:27 AM »
cool idea but how do you protect the emulsion from uv in a clear bottle or do you find that is not an issue?
mooseman
     I hit MODIFY rather than QUOTE by accident earlier and thus the (EDIT) above.

It's not an "issue".  Lets leave it at that.  ::)       LOL.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline inkbrigade

Emusion dispenser
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 08:05:15 PM »
cool idea but how do you protect the emulsion from uv in a clear bottle or do you find that is not an issue?
mooseman
We keep it in the screen room which is uv protected.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »
Do you guys not mix your emulsions before coating screens???

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 08:53:59 PM »
Do you guys not mix your emulsions before coating screens???

I was thinking this could help that issue honestly.  Swish it around a good bit and the bubbles are moving away from the bottom so you don't have to wait as long to let it "settle" which is kind of counter to what you just did.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 08:58:59 PM »
I'm a little curious about what you mean by 'mix'.

I may gently swirl it around with a stick, but I do not 'mix' to avoid introducing air bubbles which might cause pinholes or weak spots as the bubbles burst once the emulsion dries. 

I kind of like the Walmart container idea.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline inkbrigade

Emusion dispenser
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 07:37:59 AM »
We use aquasol. It's an sbq emulsion so we don't really need to mix.
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 12:29:08 PM »
I've used both Ulano QX1 and QTX, both SBQ emulsions and they can tend to separate some unless you're using them up on a steady basis.  I' m not a high end guy so for me they do settle sometimes.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 02:33:28 PM »
No special buckerts or spouts needed guys...

Just a new gallon and the one your about to finish up.

Add your diazo and stir, then simply pour off half the gallon into the old bucket and put the lid on. It's really easy to pout out from a 1/2 gallon and just as easy to hold the scoop coater over it pour out what's left in the coater.

When you empty that 1/2 gallon, open the other 1/2 and repeat when you open a new gallon.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services