Author Topic: Sceens letting go?  (Read 10899 times)

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
Re: Sceens letting go?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 03:48:06 PM »
two words....roller frames!!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 03:49:35 PM »
two words....roller frames!!!

Some day.  Between buying the building and a boat I need to breath lol. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 03:59:03 PM »
Brandt FYI you print better than a lot of people with roller frames do. Just saying :D
"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 04:05:46 PM »
Thank you sir.  I feel like we hold our own.  ;D

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »
I agree with Mike.  Wow did I just say that?  lol.  I would look at your reclaiming.  You said the new girl was a lot faster then your previous person.  Is she pressure washing from the inside of the screen, holding the nozzle too close...  You get the idea. 
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 05:18:51 PM »
A boat huh?  I've been down that road...good luck buddy, hope you get your money's worth out of it.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »
I got an 18.6 Champion bass boat in the back that has not seen water in over 6 years.  Goes about 65 mph on the lake.  Bought it back in '86 for like 12k.  A new one now is like 35k and I'd only get about $3500 if I tried to sell it.  I'll hold on to it (for now) in case I get some time to go fishing.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 08:26:28 PM »
Are all the screens from the same source? Sounds like not so good glue, or bad prep before stretching, etc.

Or someone snuck something evil into the reclaim tank (less likely)
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 08:51:15 PM »
I got an 18.6 Champion bass boat in the back that has not seen water in over 6 years.  Goes about 65 mph on the lake.  Bought it back in '86 for like 12k.  A new one now is like 35k and I'd only get about $3500 if I tried to sell it.  I'll hold on to it (for now) in case I get some time to go fishing.

You are in Houston right?  Wanna take it in some salt water?  I'd make the trip over there for a good run into some brackish waters! :)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2012, 01:19:50 AM »
No way Jose.  I used to have an old fish and ski that I used in Galveston bay.  I'd get bounced around well when ships came up the channel to the Port but it had high gunnels.  This boat would be easily sunk if anchored down and fishing.  Not to mention, I don't like what saltwater does to the motor internals and the chrome.   :)
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2012, 01:26:33 AM »
Well, I was only trying to help you get out there and get some fishing done.

Could have wrote it off on your taxes as we would be talking shop the whole time I'm sure. ;)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2012, 05:49:04 AM »
Are all the screens from the same source? Sounds like not so good glue, or bad prep before stretching, etc.

Or someone snuck something evil into the reclaim tank (less likely)

Same place.

Offline shellyky

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2012, 08:47:57 AM »
I just want to add a little bit more info (sorry i dont get on here much lol)....its been about 1 a week for 7 weeks. 

90% of the time it's happened when i've pulled it out of the cabinet to put emulsion on.  and then i yell "ARE YOU SERIOUS"

it's generally a 6-8" section that has separated from the side. within 2-3 days the whole side has come unglued.

I've always bought my screens from poconoscreen. 

Some of these have been used probably 100 times over 5 years, at least 1 was only used once.

mesh #'s are from 137's, to 158's to 230's.

The only thing i have changed in the mix is changing to a pink degreaser by ICC chemicals that smells like cherries...just brush a light coating on there and hose it off...i dont ever put it on the 'frame' part.

when i do it, i always work from the back side of the screen, i have no idea what "my other people" are doing because i cant baby sit but i guess i will have to eavesdrop in there next time and re-teach.

i keep the drying cabinet on about 15-20 minutes tops and i think it maxes out at 100 degrees...(again, hasnt been an issue in the 5 years previous)

super frustrating....P.S., i couldnt stop him from buying this boat. lol :-|

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2012, 10:25:15 AM »
If you get a hundred cycles out of some of them, they're doing pretty good--although it's probably worth giving them a little crap if you cycled a screen once and it popped like that. 
Sounds like they're putting decent tension on them at least.  It's pretty hard to get a screen with 12 N/cm to pop like that, no matter how crappy you glue it.    :)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 11:01:09 AM »
I don't have much to add to this but we did use statics for a few years.  The only time any of our screens detached was when we bought from a particular supplier and I'm certain they didn't prep the screen properly or glue them properly.  We have statics still that don't get used much but they are 5 years old and none of them are releasing, my guess would be poor quality screen making.  They make those screens so that they will hold up to dip tanks and any other chems we throw at them, and if you're doing business as usual and they are failing then I think it's the source. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.