Author Topic: Think I could cheat the "underbase" here?  (Read 7243 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Think I could cheat the "underbase" here?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2012, 06:28:40 PM »
It's what I drive. Knowing that you don't like it makes it that much sweeter.  ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2012, 07:42:52 PM »
Another im interested in is the Chevy HHR Panel, good avertising space on that one, but I am leery of chevy 4 cylinders.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2012, 12:38:03 AM »
I also have to ask the question "these are due tomorrow and you are just now dealing with this?".... :o

About to run films now.

The quickly approaching deadline isn't really my deal... he came to me late last week and asked for these... then as most clients took FOREVER to get me the artwork..

Heres where You need to change your thinking. This is your deal. You will be printing late because of you not the customer.

You cannot plan your schedule around waiting for customers that have not given you what you require up front. With us if you dont have a deposit/ PO and art submitted your production clock has not started ticking. They are warned up front and several times throughout the ordering process. We are very clear with this. If they say they want something on the 20th and I get art on the 18th that job just cost them more money.

Create a order form that states this and have them sign it. If they fight you on this you are better off if they walk.

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 10:01:27 AM »
Yes, the Miata is a newer version of the MGB, I think it was GA Tech students that designed it as a project and pitched to ford, who turned it down, and Mazda picked it up.

The Midget is closer to a go-cart.  As a matter of fact, they named it Midget because go-cart was already taken.  So maybe I made that part up.

But the Midget does pre-date the B, in it's original form it was the Bugeye Sprite.  Almost no difference in that car to the Midget, the frame is nearly identical, the engine and transmission were the same for the first few years of the Midget.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2012, 10:06:24 AM »
When it lost it's bugeyes, and was re-badged MG, we referred to both of them as "Spridgets"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2012, 11:18:41 AM »
yup, and actually the MG's were the nicer trimmed version of the sprite. 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2012, 11:37:22 AM »
Another im interested in is the Chevy HHR Panel, good avertising space on that one, but I am leery of chevy 4 cylinders.

How about a Ford Transit Van? Ford's four cylinder engines are pretty proven, and the shape of this little truck looks pretty good to wrap.

Big difference from your gangster Magnum Hemi, but probably a better(at least more practical) choice than the HHR

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »

How about a Ford Transit Van? Ford's four cylinder engines are pretty proven, and the shape of this little truck looks pretty good to wrap.

Big difference from your gangster Magnum Hemi, but probably a better(at least more practical) choice than the HHR
My wife really digs those and for practicality is probably the better choice. But I never think practical when it comes to cars, I think of the 'cool' factor, lol.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »
Heres where You need to change your thinking. This is your deal. You will be printing late because of you not the customer.

You cannot plan your schedule around waiting for customers that have not given you what you require up front. With us if you dont have a deposit/ PO and art submitted your production clock has not started ticking. They are warned up front and several times throughout the ordering process. We are very clear with this. If they say they want something on the 20th and I get art on the 18th that job just cost them more money.

Create a order form that states this and have them sign it. If they fight you on this you are better off if they walk.

You are absolutely right J... I shouldn't try to pass the blame on to the customer.  I took the job, it's on me.  Thanks for keeping me in check there.

The reason I took the job as is, is because he is literally my neighbor in business... one of his shops is next door.  So, I gain his business as we as help him out of a bind.

Granted, it whooped my a$$... well, Murphy's law helped a LOT in that.

More details to come... back to printing now!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2012, 03:05:34 PM »

You are absolutely right J... I shouldn't try to pass the blame on to the customer.  I took the job, it's on me.  Thanks for keeping me in check there.

The reason I took the job as is, is because he is literally my neighbor in business... one of his shops is next door.  So, I gain his business as we as help him out of a bind.

Granted, it whooped my a$$... well, Murphy's law helped a LOT in that.

More details to come... back to printing now!
PICS?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2012, 11:18:33 PM »
Pics? Lol

ZERO time for pics.

I had to outsource the 250  pcs job today... I got raped on the price, but it is what it is. And it is done!

Oh I'm so tired.

I got blisters on me fingers!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2012, 11:23:01 PM »
Wuss! Lol. How long did it take you?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2012, 01:11:56 PM »
The outsourcing... that didn't take that long at all... about 30 mins on the phone, 15 min drive there, then 20 min drive to pick them up (5 o'clock traffic).  :p

Read the sorted details here:
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,3591.0.html